Saturday, September 17, 2011

In Memory of my Dear Mother - Sweet Recipes for Life

In honor of my precious mom's birthday (Marie I. King would have been 88 on Sept. 18) I'm sharing these sweet thoughts.  Mom went to her Heavenly Home after developing blood clots in her lungs post-- knee replacement surgery.  She was only 64). Everyone in our family refers to her as a saint. She was one in a million for sure.


(And as a sidenote...I didn't mention my dad's recent birthday earlier this month.  We 4 siblings and families got together to help dad celebrate his 86th.  We are so thankful for his steadfast and unconditional love for his family and his Savior.  A good friend bought him this hat to wear while he opened gifts...too funny!)


vintage mother
Mom's Recipe for Love

Take a cup or two of laughter,
And a pinch of good advice.
Pour in patience by the bowlfull,
Then stir it once or twice.
Fold in lots of hugs and kisses,
And a mother's gentle care.
Cook until it's nice and warm,
And spread it everywhere.



~T. Speer





Recipe for life . . .



Ingredients:



1 part of knowing who you are
1 part of knowing who you aren't
1 part of knowing what you want
1 part of knowing who you wish to be
1 part of knowing what you already have
1 part of choosing wisely from what you have
1 part of loving & thanking for ALL you have



Instructions:



Combine ingredients together gently and carefully, using faith and vision. Mix together with strong belief of the outcome until finely blended. Use thoughts, words and actions for best results. Bake until Blessed.



Yield: Unlimited servings



~ Author Unknown

Pastor Chuck Swindoll says, "As significant as political, military, educational or religious figures may be, none compare to the impact made by mothers. Their words are never fully forgotten, their touch leaves an indelible impression… the memory of their presence lasts a lifetime. I ask you, who else has that kind of influence?"

Happy September Birthdays to my Mom & Dad!!




7 comments :

  1. What a sweet, sweet post!! I love the recipes for "Love" and "Life". I am going to mix them up today....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, too, love those recipes for love and life. I lost my parents a long time ago. Your dad looks so cute in his birthday hat. You mother was beautiful. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...your parents sound like lovely people. Sweet tribute to your mom..yes, that is very young to go! Love their smiles! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. We have talked about this before, but it keeps reminding us of how much we are alike...after developing blood clots in my Mother's the one lung she had post-- lung surgery (from the other one) she went to her heavenly home, and she was only 63. She would be 89 this year. We could (can) say we are sister (in Christ)! Love it! A sweet tribute to your parents. (hugs) K

    ReplyDelete
  5. You dad is a cutie. I am so glad you still have him. Sorry that you lost your mother at such a young age. My dad is gone. He died in 1996, but I still have my mother who will be 92 tomorrow, Sept. 20th. The family took her out for a birthday dinner last night. We were fortunate to have two granddaughters, a grandson-in-law, and her great grandson join us. It was a nice evening.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful tribute!!!! Hugs, T

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly