Monday, September 14, 2009

Gooey Grape Salad/Dessert



This is a healthier substitute for a sweeter dessert and very delicious.  When grapes are on sale, this is the dish to make.  It's a very attractive presentation for company also.

(Update: While we're here in Florida, we've eaten at a new restaurant (to us)...it's called Chicken Salad Chick...very nice...we love their food...the oilcloth tablecloths, the little sugar cookies with buttercream frosting...and their SIDES!  They offer this as one of five sides, and I Just LOVE it!)


GOOEY GRAPES

5 cups washed seedless grapes -
(red, green, or a mixture)
1 - 8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
2 cups sour cream
1/3 cup white sugar
2 T. brown sugar
1/4 - 1/2 cup chopped/toasted pecans

Mix cream cheese until smooth - blend in sour cream and white sugar.  Stir in grapes to coat and pour into 2 qt. dish. Sprinkle brown sugar over top - then pecans.  Cover and refrigerate for atleast 2 hours before serving.


I am amazed at how well this keeps in the refrigerator - up to a week.  I use reduced-fat cream cheese and sour cream, and substitute Splenda for the white sugar. 
Linked to Mop it up Monday
             Weekend Potluck

3 comments :

  1. I always buy way too many grapes when they're on sale. You know that I'll be making this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds so yummy! I have to tell you I often enjoy a breakfast version of this by mixing grapes with yogurt--the grapes are so sweet I don't even add sweetener and I enjoy the contrast of sweet & tangy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi I found you on the Blog hop. Now following you. Please stop by and say hi when you get a minute. have a great week. :) Please check out my new Weekly Goals Blog hop. You can find it here. http://lenettacarnes.blogspot.com/2013/01/weekly-goals-linkup.html#more Would love it if you would link up with me. Have a great evening.

    Lenetta

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly