Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Making Mealtime Easier

credit: Beverly & Pack
I am one who is always wanting to try a new recipe, so the biggest complaint from my family is not enough repeated meals! I know it isn't that case for very many families, so I thought I'd share some ideas to help you 'get in gear' for easier meal planning.

Use time on the weekends to plan out meals for the upcoming week.  Browse food websites and cookbooks, and ask your family to share their favorite meals. Then fill in your schedule with these suggestions.

I love the idea of planning a week's worth of meals from one cookbook - (mine is coming together nicely - hope to have it in my hands by Labor Day) make a list of the items needed (and don't forget to mark the page) as you read.  I like keeping recipes in a pile on my counter so I can quickly browse through them and see which one will suit my taste buds for that moment.


Keep a file or folder of favorite family recipes and browse through them occasionally to get a glimpse of a dish you haven't prepared in some time. 

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly