Tuesday, April 13, 2010

ROASTED ASPARAGUS...AND MORE!

credit: woodleywonderworks

'Tis the season for thinking about spring 'crops'...like asparagus.

We love to eat it fresh-roasted and I wanted to share this simple recipe idea.  I'm also including a link below for a combo of different veggies.  Sounds yummy to me!  My friend Lois loves to roast assorted veggies together and it's a wonderful dish!

Use about 2# of fresh asparagus spears - bend them toward the bottom and they'll break off where the tough part begins (I learned that from food network and it works great!) Wash and dry the stalks; spread them out, in a single layer, on a cookie sheet. Drizzle a couple of Tablespoonsful of olive oil over them - stir around so it all gets coated - then sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder.  Depending on the size of the stalk, bake at 400 degrees for 10 - 12 minutes, turn the asparagus over, then roast until tender - 12 - 15 minutes longer. 

We love to eat these with our fingers right off our plates.  Try them - you'll like them!
Another recipe I devour quickly is an asparagus casserole.  I'll share that one soon too.

Don't forget to check out the recipe below too.

Roasted Root Vegetables

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly