Wednesday, July 7, 2010

CALICO BEANS - MMM!

   
I had tasted these beans before, but made them myself for the first time for the 4th.  Hope you'll give them a try too.  It's a colorful and easy dish to share for a reunion or get together.


CALICO BEANS

1-1/2# hamburger, browned
1/2# bacon, diced
1/2 c. onions
1/2 c. catsup
1 c. (or less) brown sugar
1 TB. mustard
1 TB. vinegar
1 large can kidney beans, partially drained
1 large can pork & beans, partially drained
1 regular can lima or butter beans, partially drained

Combine all ingredients together and place in
lg. greased baking dish.  Bake at 350 for
1-1/2 hrs. or 4 - 5 hrs. on low in crockpot.

1 comment :

  1. Those look yummy. I am a big bean lover and I have added you to my blogroll. I love your american theme it is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly