Friday, December 3, 2010

Chocolate-Cream Cheese-Peanut Butter Bars

Oh yeh!  With all those things in a bar, you know this has gotta be a winner!

I do love The Life of a Foodie and Her Family blog and find myself printing many of her recipes.

I tried her recipe for these delicious bars over Thanksgiving - and since I didn't have my
camera to take a picture (Canon just mailed me another one - hurrah) I am going to
share her post, recipe and picture! 

Thanks Lynn!

Chocolate-Cream Cheese-Peanut Butter Bars




These are great - oh how I love peanut butter and chocolate.  This definitely satisfies any craving for either.  Try 'em - you're sure to like 'em!


Cookie Base & Topping:


1 pouch (1 lb. 1.5 ozs) peanut butter cookie mix
3 Tb. oil
1 Tb. water
1 egg

Filling:

1 1/4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup butter or margarine
1 package (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
2/3 cup crunchy or creamy peanut butter
3/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 cup whipping cream

Heat oven to 350°F. Spray bottom only of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. In large bowl, stir cookie base and topping ingredients until soft dough forms. Shape 6 (1-inch) balls of dough. On ungreased cookie sheet, place balls 2 inches apart; flatten in crisscross pattern with fork.

Press remaining dough in pan. Bake cookies and base 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Cool 10 minutes. Reserve cookies for topping.

In small microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips and butter uncovered on High 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds, stirring every 30 seconds, until melted and stirred smooth. Spread evenly over bars. Refrigerate until firm, about 30 minutes.

In medium bowl, beat cream cheese, peanut butter, powdered sugar and whipping cream with electric mixer on low speed until blended. Beat on high speed about 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Spread over chocolate layer.

Crush reserved cookies; sprinkle over cream cheese layer. Press in lightly. Refrigerate until set, about 30 minutes. For bars, cut into 9 rows by 4 rows. Store covered in refrigerator.



6 comments :

  1. Hi Marsha!
    Peanut Butter and chocolate is one of my favorites too! This looks like a great recipe!

    I love your new holiday background! Have a wonderful weekend my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have all the ingredients for this dish...I am going to give it a try. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm! I think peanut butter and chocolate go hand in hand when it comes to baking ;) We love that combination around here. I'm gonna have to try this out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yum! i love p.b. & chocolate! and now cream cheese too!! can't get any better than that. thanks for the recipe. i'm definitely going to give it a try.

    tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh goodness. chocolate. peanut butter. cream cheese... Triple yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. holy cow. the title alone had me getting the grocery list ready. thanks for sharing! i adore this :)
    -meg
    @ http://clutzycooking.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly