Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Burrito El Grande Made Over


HA CHA CHANYA!
(A favorite saying of my father who spent time doing
missionary work in Haiti and New Mexico)

I was so excited to try this wonderful recipe from Kraft Foods

Maybe I was just really hungry the evening I made these, but
I couldn't believe how awesome they were.

We each had 1-1/2 and I woofed down my 1/2 before
we sat down for dinner! 

OHHHH SOOO TASTY!

Give this a try - it goes together quickly and easily.

By using the X-tra lean ground beef, 2% cheese,
whole wheat tortillas and light sour cream, you
save 330 calories & 16 grs. fat per burrito!

We will definitely be having this again soon.

BURRITOS EL GRANDE MADE OVER

1/2 lb. extra-lean ground beef
1 (16 oz) can kidney beans, rinsed
(I used black beans)
3/4 c. thick 'n' chunky salsa
1/2 c. mexican style 2% shredded cheese
6 whole wheat tortillas (10 inch), warmed
1/2 c. reduced fat or light sour cream
1-1/2 c. shredded (romaine) lettuce
3 tomatoes (1 lb.), chopped

Brown meat in large skillet on medium-high heat.  Stir in beans and salsa; cook 3 minutes or until heated through, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in cheese.
(I added cheese to each burrito...doesn't really matter, I'm just sayin)
Spoon meat mixture down centers of tortillas; top with remaining ingredients.  Fold in opposite sides of each tortilla, then roll up burrito style.

Take a big bite & enjoy!!!! This would be great along side one of those
soup recipes I shared last week.

Nutritional info:
Cals. each: 340; Total fat: 10 gr; Saturated fat: 3.5 gr.
Cholesterol: 35 mg. Sodium: 790 mg.
Carbohydrate: 46 gr. Dietary Fiber: 9 gr. Protein: 21 gr.

Linked to Mandy's Totally Tasty Tuesdays


7 comments :

  1. That looks SOOOOO yummy! Wow. Easy-peasy, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious!!!!! I would have eaten mine before I sat down too =o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Marsha~
    I love burritos! My husband and I are crazy about Mexican food!

    I have another day off here due to the snow! It's great to be home! :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YUMMMMY!! I love burritos...and a low calorie burrito would be loved more. Thanks for sharing. Now I need to adjust my grocery list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Ladies for your comments. I LOVE comments! =) This certainly IS easy peasy!! Mexican food is my favorite too! I'd love to know if you try this recipe. It's SO quick and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooooohhhh MY GOODNESS! I want this right now! I dont care if its only 8:00 in the morning! lol YUM : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious. I think I may have everything I need to make them and if I do they will be lunch. Thanks for linking up and I will be posting this on my Facebook wall today.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly