Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Valentine Pretzel Rod 'Pops'

What great fun I've had preparing these!  I think they are just so cute and a simple snack to give someone to let them know you care. Perfect treat for Valentine's Day!

The day after I sent an order to Current for the pretzel molds, I found them in the Wilton aisle at WalMart...at a much reduced price. Go figure!  So I bought them there too - it was a different pattern...now I have options.

One set of molds is a stack of flowers - the other has L-O-V-E and X-O-X-O's....too fun!

They also sell bags to fit the long pretzel too, and that just adds more special-ness to the whole thing.  Presentation is such an important aspect you know! Mine were purchased separately from the molds.



I probably should have placed more of the pretzel end into the candy as some of my rods went almost to the end of the bag, which made it a little tricky to wrap the twisty tie around them...so be aware of that if you decide to make these.

I used these candy discs, and also melted some vanilla chips for some too. (The packaged pretzel bags are at the top of the picture below)

Get yourself a bag of pretzel rods and you're ready to go...let the fun begin!


MMM huh?

(the flower is velvet)


And I think very cute! (I used a toothpick to fill in the L O V E and X O X O with contrasting color - not a very professional job, but I'm pleased with them).  They'd be nice for any holiday...always special to give of your time and the work of your hands away!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S WEEK!!

8 comments :

  1. Those are so cute Marsha! My second grade class would get a kick out them! I love Wilton products!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha these are really cute!! I'm going to have to remember this for next year ;) My kids would have a blast helping to make these ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Forgot to mention that you are more then welcome to share the gifts in a jar post on your blog ;) I love your background btw! It definitely is the perfect fit for this Valentine's Day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness!! How cute!! And I could go on, and on....
    These would be the perfect item to sell at a Farmer's Market. I'm sure they would sell quickly. I am definitely going to purchase some of these molds. Excellent, excellent pictures...
    Thank you so much for the gorgeous Valentine card. You always seem to manage touching my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Valentine Pops are just precious. The recipe looks very good and they would be so much fun to give away for Valentine. Thank you so much for bringing them to Full Plate Thursday and please come back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are lovely. I almost bought this pretzel/candy set but didn't. You make them look so pretty! Love the contrasting colors.

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those pretzel molds are so neat! I've never seen anything like them. Your pretzel rods came out beautifully.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly