Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Valentine-y Monster Cookies

I am a huge Cookie Monster!

I have always loved cookies...I grew up on them...and love them cause you can grab 'n' go! My most cherished childhood memory is coming home to a kitchen full of fresh baked cookies...in the wintertime!

I will be sharing 3 lovely cookie recipes this week to help celebrate this special time of year!

My sis-in-love, Vicki, is well known as the Cookie-Making Queen in our family.
She makes chocolate chip cookies to die for, and I've always wanted to learn her tricks. My kids can't think of Aunt Vicki without thinking cookies... *-*

I bought some Valentine M & M's and decided to make monster cookies, so I called Vicki to make sure I had HER recipe and get her tips.

These cookies turned out nearly as perfect as hers. (Always something about eating something someone else makes that adds 'specialness' to them...ya know what I mean?)

Do these look yummy-licious or what?  My mouth is watering just thinking about them and gawking at this picture.


A batch makes about 5 - 6 dozen - depending on size.  And they are good-sized!

My mom always made oatmeal cookies with chocolate chips so I think I am just naturally partial to a cookie like this...add M & M's too, and I'm in heaven!

This is what Vicki suggest doing....

Add the flour first...then add 3 c. oatmeal, and continue adding until they're the right consistency.  Oftentimes, Vicki bakes a few first and then adds more oatmeal, so if they flatten out, she adds more oats.  Monster cookies are suppose to be fat (tee hee).

Don't bake them too long - let them cool a little bit on the pan after removing from oven, and they'll finish baking.

This is a picture of my dough...you don't want it too soft.


Vicki's Monster Cookies

1/2 c. margarine
1-1/2 c. white sugar
1-1/2 c. brown sugar
1 (18 ozs) jar peanut butter
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2-1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. flour
4 - 5 c. dry oats
1 - 12 ozs. bag choco chips (or less)
1 bag M & M's

Preheat oven to 350. In x-large bowl, mix margarine and sugars together until smooth.  Blend in peanut butter then eggs and vanilla.  Stir in baking soda and flour, add 4 c. oats, then gradually add more if needed. Bake 10 - 12 minutes.

Feel free to add coconut, craisins, nuts or whatever else.

This recipe has been linked to Mandy's Recipe Box Totally Tasty Tuesdays

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly