Thursday, March 17, 2011

Healthier Watergate Salad

TOP O' THE MORNIN' TO YA!


I'm not a big St. Patrick's Day party girl, but I do love going with a theme...and since GREEN is the color of today, I've decided to share a couple of recipes to add to the fun...

This salad/dessert makes a great dish to share with company.

And this version has a tad bit more of 'healthy eating' added. This recipe calls for fat free yogurt which makes this creamier than the traditional recipe without the yogurt.

You just can't beat a dish that whips up in just a couple of minutes now can you???


HEALTHIER  WATERGATE SALAD

1 pkg. (4 serving size) pistachio flavor (fat-free sugar-free) instant pudding & pie filling
8 ozs. can crushed pineapple in own juice, undrained

8 ozs. fat free vanilla (Greek) yogurt

2-1/2 cup thawed (fat free) whipped topping, divided

1-1/2 cups mini marshmallows, divided

Stir pudding mix, pineapple with juice and yogurt in large bowl until well blended. Gently stir in  2 cups of the whipped topping; add 1 cup marshmallows; cover. Refrigerate for 1 hour or until ready to serve. Top with remaining whipped topping and marshmallows before serving. (Or just stir them in if you want the green to show=) 
 Yield: 8 servings

Weight Watchers points - 2  (Prior to Points Plus)




Print Friendly and PDF


Nutritional info: Calories: 100; fat: 1.5 gr.; Fiber: 0 gr.



Linked to Weekend Potluck
           Meal Plan Monday



For some added GREEN fun - check out St.Patty's Day Candied Popcorn at Skip to My Lou...I LOVE Cindy's simple and fun ideas!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

5 comments :

  1. I love your St. Patty's Day recipes Marsha! I don't have an Irish bone in my body but it's fun to celebrate along with everyone else! My 2nd graders will be wearing green today instead of their uniforms. You can imagine how happy this makes them! Have a great day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dessert sounds yummy, shame I can't get the ingredients here in France!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog.
    Happy St Patricks Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Watergate Salad that you shared with me yesterday was way too yummy....I am definitely going to get the ingredients I don't have and make some of this. Since I have school tonight, I will for sure be stopping by Meijer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those recipes! I didn't know that salad was called Watergate Salad!!

    I'd like to invite you to enter my blog giveaway to win a $50. gift card! http://handcraftedbymaryannmiller.blogspot.com/2011/03/i-am-celebrating-with-spring-giveway.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks Yummy! Our THIS WEEK's CRAVINGS "everything green" linky party is still open... We would love for you to come by and link up this "GREEN" recipe!

    http://momscrazycooking.blogspot.com/2011/03/this-weeks-cravings-linky-party-20-go.html

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly