Saturday, May 14, 2011

Cinnamon Chip Cookies

{This was posted late on Friday, so I'm reposting...}


PSSSSTT!!  I'm guest posting (my very first time!) at Mandy's Recipe Box this Saturday, May 14th.  I'd be honored if you'd stop by....





I tried this recipe recently for the first time and fell in love with these delicious treats.

I don't remember ever making cookies that baked this thick and still tasted wonderful, and not dry.

I found the recipe at Frugal Antics of a Harried Homemaker and followed the directions to a tee.

And I'm sooo glad I did - in my opinion, these are the perfect cookie.

They're thick & crispy on the outside...soft in the center.

With a wonderful cinnamon flavor...


MMMMM!!!




CINNAMON CHIP COOKIES

1 cup softened butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
2 cups ground oatmeal (place in blender until pulverized)
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. vanilla
2 cups flour
1 bag of cinnamon chips (found in choco chip aisle...sometimes only seasonally)
1/2 c. sugar
1 Tb. cinnamon

Preheat oven to 375. In large bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Combine the dry ingredients and stir in until blended.  Add the cinnamon chips.  In a shallow bowl, combine the 1/2 c. sugar and 1 Tb. cinnamon. Drop tablespoonsful of dough (use small scoop if desired or just roll into balls) and roll in sugar/cinnamon mixture.  (I think they'd be plenty tasty omitting this step). Place on ungreased cookie sheet and bake 10 minutes.  Let rest 1 minute before removing to rack to cool.

Yield: about 5 dozen nice-sized cookies

Linked to Totally Tasty Tuesday
              Sweets for a Saturday
                  Recipe of the Week

8 comments :

  1. These sound really yummy!

    I will come visit at Mandy's tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am definitely going to give these a try. I've heard that pulverized oatmeal does wonders for cookies. I will make sure I stop by your guest post. How exciting....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my..sounds really good...i will definitely make this..will go to mandy's for now.. have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love thick cookies! Can't wait to try these! I never tried cinnamon chips before. I hope I can find them in the store.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My kiddos (and myself of course!) would LOVE these! I'm a huge cinnamon fan : ) So great to see you over at Mandys : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. These look so good. I have some cinnamon chips that I need to use. Will definitely have to try these. I would love it if you would come over to my linky party and post these.

    http://www.wellseasonedlife.com/2011/05/sweet-indulgences-sunday-4.html

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm in love with those cinnamon chips. They're just so good so I know your cookies must have been a real treat. Thanks for linking up to Sweets for a Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look awesome! I love cinnamon. Can't wait to make these.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly