Monday, May 2, 2011

I'm thrilled....My first blogging award!



As the saying goes....I'm as happy as a lark! *-*
I've been 'bestowed' this honor by my friend, Lark of Lark's Country Heart

She's a new blogging friend and I love her easy and 'country-fied' recipes.

Thanks Lark!! for sharing this with me...

(Stay tuned...Lark will have a guest post on my blog
in the next few weeks while I'm on vacation=)


Here are the RULES that come with accepting this award:


#1 You Thank the person who awarded it to You and list a link back to them.


#2 Tell (7) things about yourself. *Mine are listed below*


#3 Pay it forward by awarding it to (15) recently found new blogger.

#4 Contact the Blogger you have awarded & make them aware.
(This is what I needed time to do - TBB)

Here is my list:

1. I've been married to the same wonderful man for over 43 years and we are still madly in love! *-*

2. I'm proud to be mom to 3 special adults, and nana to 8 precious 'grands.'

3. My faith and my family are the most important things in my life. I love Jesus and stay busy serving Him in several ministries within our local church.

4. I had my own cookbook published in August 2010 and am still living in Dreamland. 

5. I love anything purple! Especially clothes.

6. I am blessed with the gift of encouragement and have a card ministry. I mail atleast 40 cards a month. I strongly believe in not allowing technology to allow us to lose the special touch of a handwritten note.

7. I'd been a nail biter/picker all my life, but the day I got the call my first shipment of cookbooks were coming, and I knew I would be doing booksignings, I had incentive to break that terrible habit...and let my nails grow out.  It's one of my greatest accomplishments in life! (It has also eased my concerns about laying in my casket with nasty hands - ha)


My list of new bloggers:

Angie - A'lil Country Sugar
Lisa - Sweet as Sugar Cookies
Betsy - My Five Men
Joelle - Joelle
Kay - Cooking with K
Amee - Amee's Savory Dish
Kagi - Sweetened by Kagi
Amber - This Mommy Cooks
Ron - The Old Geezer
Denise - The Bread Fairy
Marcia - Frugal Homekeeping
Lisa - Flour Me With Love
Miz Helen - Miz Helen's Country Cottage
Amanda - Eating in Winnipeg
Jamie - My Baking Addiction
Dorothy - Crazy for Crust

13 comments :

  1. Congrats on your award and thanks for passing it on to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, you are sweet! Thank you!

    And congratulations to you on your award!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for the blessings and for following my blog... I am a newbie and I am loving it :) Congrats on the award....

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh how exciting!! thanks for the award!! I've never gotten a blog award before!!

    i'd love to check out all these new bloggers, do you have their site links anywhere? i'll try to google them first :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your award! And thanks for thinking of me :-)

    Take care and have a great week

    ~Ron

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratualtions on your award and thank you so much for passing it on to me- I am so honoured :) I will definetely post this on my blog! Congratulations on publishing your own cookbook, that sounds very exciting. Hope we keep in touch :)
    =

    ReplyDelete
  7. Blessing on getting an award...and you are a sweetie for passing one over to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay! Congrats! I would love for you to do a guest post on my blog so let me know if you'd like to do that : )

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the award, being a newbie this is great !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. flax seed as an egg substitute? how does that work? i do want to know more!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, thank you, thank you Marsha!! You are truly an angel. I hope we are allowed to send them back, because I sent one back to you.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congrats Marsha! You deserve it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Marsha, you are super sweet!! My life has been so hectic lately, that I haven't gotten this awesome award on my page. I promise it's coming:) I am flattered that you thought of me. I love networking with other cooks and your site is wonderful:):)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly