Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Parfait recipes from Cooking with Libby & Hungry Girl too!

I've been seeing recipes all over the net for yogurt parfaits. 

Delicious & healthy!

I love them and get one every time we go to the 'Golden Arches' with the grandkids!

Check out Cooking with Libby's Yogurt Brunch Parfait recipe.  MMM! 

(Libby will be doing a guest post for me soon while I'm gone on vacation soon!  I'm sooo excited about it!)

Beautiful!! Easy!

I love fresh strawberries too.

Isn't her picture just mouth-watering???



Regular Ingredients:

1/3 cup apricot preserves

1 and 1/2 cups sliced strawberries

2 cups yogurt of any kind

1/2 cup granola


Low Fat Ingredients:

1/3 cup honey

1 and 1/2 cups sliced strawberries

2 cups plain yogurt

1/2 cup low-fat granola

Directions:


1. Place the apricot preserves in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 30 seconds or until it starts to bubble up.

2. Mix the warm preserves with the sliced strawberries and stir until well combined.

3. Layer a glass bowl or parfait cup, starting with half of the strawberries, then half the yogurt, then half the granola. If using honey, place some of the honey on top of the strawberries before the yogurt.

4. Keep layering until you run out of ingredients.


5. Top with an extra spoonful of granola and serve immediately.

***Recipe Tip: You don't have to just stick with strawberries, you can use bananas, raspberries, blueberries, or any other combination of fruit you desire.***



Take a look at these mouth-watering parfaits from Hungry Girl... (link to recipes below)
 

Peaches 'n Cream Oatmeal


Magical Maui Oatmeal


(with WW points plus figured)

5 comments :

  1. MMmm yummy! thanks for sharing :) Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The peach and pineapple would definitely be welcomed in my kitchen....I am going to have give this a try. What a refreshing way to start the morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love parfaits! Definitley a delicious and healthy treat : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always get one at Mc'D's when I go into town.
    I have made them at home, never tried it with honey and preserves though. Gonna try it out now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea of the warm preserves on the strawberries!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly