Friday, September 23, 2011

Oriental Cabbage Salad


HAPPY FIRST DAY OF AUTUMN! 

And WELCOME
to my new followers - I'm so glad you are here...

Here's another cabbage recipe to use up that yummy vegetable so readily available this time of year....

Isn't it fun to connect with other bloggers and your fans?

I LOVE IT!

This recipe came from one of my fans, Linda Silvernail, who lives
in my state.  We hope to meet face to face one day.

Since she follows my blog, she sweetly shared some of her
own favorite recipes with me. 

And I'm SO glad she did!

This recipe is delicious and I was amazed how well it kept in the fridge too!

Even though the cabbage I used was a little older, and lacked some color, it was very tasty just the same.


I've eaten varieties of oriental salad, but had never made it myself, and was very pleased when hubby wanted MORE. 

This is very yummy my friends - you'll want to try it. This version has apples in it too!


Oriental Cabbage Salad

1/2 head of medium size cabbage- chopped
1 package of CHICKEN Ramen Noodles- noodles broken, save seasoning packet
4 chopped green onions with tops
3 chopped apples (Linda suggests Granny apples, I used Gala)
1/3 cup slivered or diced almonds, optional
(Linda said she added some honey roasted peanuts when serving - MMM!)


Toss the above ingredients together.
Mix seasoning packet from the CHICKEN Ramen Noodles with

1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp salt
3 T. sugar
1/2 cup oil
3 T. cider vinegar

Put these ingredients in a shaker. Mix well, pour over the salad. Makes a large amount and keeps well in the refrigerator.





6 comments :

  1. I make something similar to this. I bet the apples add a nice crunch to the salad! I'll have to try that! Have a great weekend, Marsha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you liked it Marsha. The recipe came from my best friend since jr. high days. Isn't it fun when good friends share good recipes?

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. I made this too!!! I didn't have any apple so I used peaches instead. Linda is going to be represented twice within a week...."funny"

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks wonderful and I love anything with cabbage. I am going to try this for sure. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This type of salad is the only cabbage salad that my husband really likes. I have never tried adding apples,I will have to do that. We like our noodles crunchy, and cannot eat the whole recipe at one time, so I keep them out and let each person just add them to their salad as they are served. I usually toast both the almonds and the noodles. Great recipe, must always be included in our family dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this sounds delish. I'm trying this later in the week. apples...what a great addition!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly