Friday, September 16, 2011

Pina Colada Fruit Dip

Autumn is my favorite season of the year. As  much as I enjoy it, with the changing colors, the apple, pumpkin and squash dishes, I hate to see summer come to an end.

I enjoy not having to wear a jacket or coat, or wrapping myself in a scarf...mittens...boots...UGH!


I HAD to try this simple and yummy-licious (not to forget...easy...only five ingredients) fruit dip after checking it out at Joy McMillan's blog Simply Bloom.


Last year I was privileged to hear Joy (my middle name!) speak at a Ladies Day over an hour from home. She spoke about wellness - physical and spiritual. She was raised in Africa and has a delightful accent. 

She's simply beautiful and unpretentious.

I could listen to her speak all day long - she has been gifted with a terrific sense of humor (she spoke to us while barefooted!) and it's obvious knows what she's talking about. 


And in her own words, she's 'easily enamored with life'.

I LOVE THAT about her!  Just read her blog post Oh How He Loves
and you'll see what she means.

When I got home that day, I came to the computer (of course!) and checked out her blog...left her a comment...she left me one...and the rest is history.  We became fast e-friends.  She remembered who I was after talking with her briefly after she spoke!!

I do hope you'll check out her blog - she shares about her family, her faith, her life. She calls her children "Bean" and "Bug".
She cracks me up often!

She has such a sweet & innocent perspective on life! And that adorable sense of humor always shines through.
I made this dip this week for 2 ladies meetings at church - both on the same day! (We Baptists know how to enjoy fellowship AND food!) A busy day & one of those where I sampled far too many yummies.

(I'm still having a problem sucking my gut in...not that I didn't before those meetings! UGH!)

I was asked for this recipe multiple times, so I think that's a good indication that it was a real hit!

I had fun putting fruit on kebobs...enjoying those last delicious strawberries of the season.


I'm very fond of this recipe because it can be whipped up in no time, and can be made sugar free!!  That's an important factor in this house....with a diabetic hubby.

And I always have these ingredients on hand too!

PINA COLADA FRUIT DIP

1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple in own juice, undrained
1 (3 1/2 ounce) packages (sugar free) vanilla instant pudding mix
1 teaspoon coconut extract
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream (I used light)

Whip up all the ingredients in a food processor or blender {for about 30 seconds or until well blended}

Refrigerate for several hours to mingle the yummy flavors.

Serve with fresh fruit.

Hope you can find some tasty fresh fruit to enjoy this before summer is over.
JOY TO YOU!!

9 comments :

  1. Umm! Looks like a great dip, Marsha! Love your photo! Have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The fruit dip looks wonderful and Joy sounds like a wonderful person, too, and the name goes along with the personality. I love fruit dips. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for introducing Joy. She is another blogger that I just know I am going to love following. Anyone that speaks (writes) from the heart is loved by me. The fruit dip looks amazing. Fruit dip is always refreshing in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. {I'm totally blushing!} Thank you for this (ridiculously, lavishly kind) write-up, Marsha! You're so sweet...and boy, is this stuff good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Gals all for your comments - do hope you'll try this simple yet awesome dish. And Joy - you made me giggle again...it's all true Hon. I didn't make up one word of it. I'm tickled to know you stopped by....thanks for sharing this recipe with your readers. =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sweet post! I'm a big fan of Joy myself, in spite of the fact that we've never met. She was one of the first people to ever post a comment on my blog, and I will never forget it.

    Such a sweet testimony that she has too....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Visiting from Melt In Your Mouth Hop. Please return the favor. Also, Mom Blog Society is looking for recipes to feature on our site. We would love to feature you blog. Come on over if you are interested, I will be watching for you. You Can be featured more than once TOO! www.momblogsociety.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. OOOOOOH LA LA THANKS 4 SHARING ON WONKA WEDNESDAY!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly