Thursday, October 6, 2011

Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Latte

I've had P-U-M-P-K-I-N going through my head for weeks now, but seems I've been using up the apples, zucchini and other squash that we've had in abundance.

Oh how happy I was when I saw this simple, but oh-so lovely recipe at my good friend Libby's blog - Cooking with Libby


I jumped out of my chair here and RAN to the kitchen to whip it up.  Oh how good it made the house smell.  YUUUUUMM!

It's that time of year...and combining pumpkin & coffee (plus whipped cream!!) is just what I needed to help me begin my day with a big smile on my face! 

This recipe is easily doubled if you have others to share it with...or if like me, want the whole recipe to yourself!

If you're in a hurry, you can fix this on top of the stove, but simmering it really blends the flavors. 

And you get the benefit of making the house smell like fall too!


CROCKPOT PUMPKIN SPICE LATTE

2 cups milk (I used 1%)
1/2 c. brewed espresso or 3/4 c. strong brewed coffee
2 Tb. pumpkin
2 Tb. sugar or sweetener
2 Tb. vanilla (yes, TB.)
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
(or substitute 1/4 tsp. cinnamon, 1/8 tsp. cloves, 1/8 tsp. nutmeg, and pinch of ground ginger)

Place milk and espresso/coffee in crockpot. Whisk in pumpkin, sugar, vanilla and spices.

Cover and cook on high for 2 hours if everything is cold.
Whisk again before serving.

Ladle into mugs and garnish with whipped cream and additional cinnamon.


DOING THE HAPPY DANCE!!!


Linked to Full Plate Thursday
                       Sweets for a Saturday
                    Crazy Sweet Tuesday
                             Eat at Home Ingredient Spotlight
                 Melt in Your Mouth Monday
                 Gooseberry Patch Roundup
     Sunday Funday
         Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party
          Whatcha Crockin Wednesday







13 comments :

  1. I just bought a bag of apples a couple days ago and was wondering what to do with them. This looks wonderful. I will have to try it. Have a good weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. O gosh....this sounds WONDERFUL...ummm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! I'd be doing the happy dance, too, drinking that all up. Yum...I'll have to make this soon. Sounds perfect for autumn.

    Pinned on pinterest. :)

    Cheers,
    Tracy Screaming Sardine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmmmmm, that sounds wonderful. I'm gonna have to try it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HOW DELICIOUS!
    I've got to make this asap! Pinned on Pinterest!

    Thanks for linking up to Friday Potluck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Crockpot Pumpkin Spice Latte look delicious! I just love your little "Happy Dance", it is the cutest thing and made me smile. Thank you so much for sharing your great recipe with Full Plate Thursday. Hope you will have a fabulous week and come back soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is amazing! I never would have thought of it. It'll be a perfect treat to come home to after school drop-off and my workout. Thanks for sharing on Crazy Sweet Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds and looks great! I love, love, love that it's made in the slow-cooker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK you have sold me on this! I am going to make it tomorrow!! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much for the recipe. It sounds delicious and I will have to make it soon, especially on a cold wintery evening. I recently found your blog and am now following. Please pop on over to mine and perhaps you would like to follow me also. I would like that. Hugs, Chris

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ohhhhhh! This looks amazing! I pay way too much for one of these at Starbucks! hahaha. Can't wait to try it! Printing NOW!
    Thanks so much for joining the Recipe of The Week @ Family Fresh Meals. Every one is going to LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE LOVE LOVE pumpkin flavored coffee! Thank you for this!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have made something similar to this before on the stove top! I love the idea of having it made in the crockpot! thanks for sharing at Mrs Foxs Sweet Party :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly