Thursday, October 27, 2011

Nutella/PB-Banana-Oatmeal Smoothie



I have thought about this recipe soooooo much since seeing the recipe at Grandma Loy's Kitchen


I woke up thinking about this the day I finally made it for the first time. 

Sometimes ya just gotta do what ya gotta do right? 

In fact, I made it TWICE the first day I tried it!!!

Loy and I crossed paths a few weeks ago and have become good email buds, sharing many things in common. 

She fits into the 'grandma' category with me and hasn't been blogging long.  I think that's just so cool and know her grandkids have to be bustin' their buttons over all she does.

She also has a part time job as a quilter! 

Very talented too!

We share very similar tastes in our kitchens. It's so fun to connect with someone who thinks like you do, isn't it?

I appreciate all the 'DIY' recipes she shares at her blog.  Always GREAT ideas. Check out her recipe for Homemade Cake Mix. Please pay her a visit and show her some love.

This is a recipe I will enjoy again and again.  It's quick, easy and nutritious.

Just in case you're not familiar with Nutella, it is a chocolate-hazelnut spread. The texture is similar to peanut butter, and oh so satisfying!

Enjoying this smoothie is a great way to begin the day or as a pick me up in the afternoon!  Bedtime snack anyone???

I'd read somewhere (sorry - I don't recall what blog?) about blending dry oatmeal into a powder to use in a smoothie.  I really liked that idea, and so that's the only change I made to this delicious treat.

Can't go wrong adding more 'healthy' eh?

(I used MORE nutella the second time around, can you tell?=)

NUTELLA/PEANUT BUTTER-BANANA-OATMEAL SMOOTHIE
1/4 cup oats
2 bananas, sliced and frozen
1/4 cup nutella (or peanut butter)
3/4 cup milk
(I used skim)

Put oats in blender and blend until powder-y. Add remaining ingredients and blend until there are no more chunks of frozen banana. Garnish with fresh banana slices if desired.


6 comments :

  1. Marsha, thank you so much for all the sweet things you said. The smoothie is really good, isn't it? I certainly want to give credit to Katie over at This Chick Cooks for posting the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Smoothie recipe which I adapted with the Nutella. One or the other of these is now my go-to breakfast, and I though I didn't like smoothies. Thanks again. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. MMMMM...I love smoothies, and one with nutella? It's gotta be good....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just fell in love! Wow, wow, wow! PS Found you via Family Fresh Meals link up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds really interesting. I'm so glad I saw it over at Family Fresh Meals. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I eat Nutella daily. No, I am not kidding. ;)

    Pinning. Thanks so much for linking up at Weekend Potluck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love seeing friendships made in the blog world :) The smoothie looks good too!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly