Thursday, October 20, 2011

Scrumptious Oven-Fried Chicken

I love fried chicken, but rarely allow myself to indulge in it, so my curiosity was definitely peaked when I saw this lovely recipe by my good blogging friend, Lark at
Lark's Country Heart.

Yepper - another one of Lark's awesome recipes being shared here!

Believe me when I say I have learned to trust her judgement. 

We think a lot alike in the kitchen, and she's proven to me that she's a great one to create dishes on her own.

This is a combination of a few recipes that she put together and we really enjoyed it.

The only thing I added is a little bit of parmesan to the bisquick mix.

Subway has their version of oven-crisp chicken...now you can make your own at home!


I prefer Lark's photo...I took more, but mine didn't turn out, so I'll share hers as well.

Photo credit: Lark's Country Heart

OVEN-FRIED CHICKEN

6 Tbsp. margarine (I used light)
2/3 c. bisquick
1/3 c. grated parmesan cheese, optional
1-1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
1-1/2 tsp. paprika
1/4 tsp. cumin (I didn't use)
1-1/4 tsp. salt (I used salt substitute)
1/2 tsp. pepper (I used more)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder (I used a tad more)
1/4 tsp. onion powder
4 lbs. chicken (I used boneless skinless breasts)

Preheat oven to 425. Place margarine in 9" X 13" X 2" pan and put in oven to melt.

Mix all dry ingredients together until well blended.

When margarine melts, remove from oven.  Set aside.

(Lark keeps the chicken in a bowl of water. Removing one piece at a time, lightly shake off water, but do not pat dry.)

If using skin on chicken, place skin side down in pan.

Bake uncovered for 35 minutes.  Then turn each piece over and return to oven for another 15 - 20 minutes more, making sure chicken is cooked thoroughly.

(Chicken breasts bake faster - about 40 minutes total, but be sure to check yours as oven temps vary).



7 comments :

  1. Umm! This looks so good, ladies! Got try this for sure! I never get tired of chicken! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha...YOU make me feel as if what I make up in my kitchen is actually getting made in other people's kitchen's! :)
    Thank you for sharing!! And you hit the nail on the head when you said we have the same tastes. I love many of your recipes as well!
    (and I love that you "get" me, with my fasination with the talented faithful Amish!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh, I never would have thought to use bisquick to make fried chicken. Awesome idea--looks super tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh that looks really yummy! My husband & I (had to throw that in there lol ~ I LOVE referring to him as my husband!!) have had to cut out fried foods so this looks like a super tasty substitute!!

    Thank you so much for your prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! And the recipes look soo yummy! Can't wait to try some out! Come visit mine too! I am one of your followers now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I make something very similar! I leave the skin on and I think my recipe calls for flour instead of bisquik. I love how you don't get the mess all over since it's in the oven. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks so good. I have got to quit doing comments first thing in the morning before breakfast. I get so hungry I go and pig out afterwards.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly