Sunday, October 30, 2011

Painting the World PINK for a Day...

My blogging buddy, Lark, of Lark's Country Heart shared this idea with me and I'm 'Paying it Forward'.....

Today is a single day project dedicated to Breast Cancer. A Fun Day Of PINK. A host of bloggers dedicating the day to this cause(ALL PINK ACROSS THE BOARD!)  A day simply dedicated to the cause will totally be more than enough. Every inch adds on to milestones of helping spread awareness and standing to fight for this cause. I know everyone’s knee deep in Halloween projects, but I thought it’ll be fun to switch off a day and see PINK EVERYWHERE!!!

 COME ON GIRLS --- LETS ROCK THIS TOGETHER!!!
******************************************
I am proud to be participating in the Part of Being the Best is Doing Good program, helping to spread the word about the Eggland's Best Eggs/Susan G. Komen partnership and “pink ribbon” eggs.

On Friday I went to our local high school (where I graduated...oh what emotions run through me to walk those halls again!) and gave presentations to two high school Home Ec (Healthy Foods) classes.

I shared this info about EBE's...
Eggland's Best Eggs have, when compared to 'ordinary' eggs, 25% less Saturated Fat, 10 times more Vitamin E, and double the amount of Omega 3s (for more related nutrition facts, click here).

And also read facts about Breast Cancer Awareness shared at the Susan G. Komen website.


I did a scrambled egg demonstration and made breakfast quesadillas, with the help of a student in each class.  A simple, but versatile recipe they can make themselves. The kids seemed to love them. I also gave them copies of 3 easy egg recipes to take home. 


I also served them PINK Poke Cake, inspired by Lisa at
Flour Me With Love.


The teens LOVED it!

One gal said it was the best cake she'd ever eaten! =)
That's always nice to hear.
I was thrilled when another said she was going to find my Facebook page & "like" me.  Yahoooie!

Many dressed up for Halloween...the kid in the orange was a 'pumpkin pie'! Clever huh?  It was nice to see him smiling at me during the presentation.



I HAD to take a closeup of the gal with the pink wig...after all, we ARE  "Painting the World PINK" today! She was doing that on Friday.


The kids were pleased with their coupons from Eggland Eggs for a free dozen eggs.  We also had a giveaway in each class - one teen from each group received an EBE apron and whisk, provided by Eggland's Best Eggs. 

THANK YOU EGGLAND'S BEST FOR ALL YOU DO TO SUPPORT SUSAN G. KOMEN AND BREAST CANCER AWARENESS!

3 comments :

  1. Oh, that is just great! Love that pink wig, too! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks as if your day with the kids ..went very well! Way to go Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing day :) I'm sure you had the best time; your cake looks beautiful...thanks so much for the kind words regarding my site!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly