Thursday, October 13, 2011

Payday Cookies

(This gorgeous cutting board was a recent gift from my sweet friend Janean.
I just LOOOVE it! I love her more;-)


Oh how cool to find this fun recipe at Shugary Sweets!

My granddaughters were glad to help decorate these cookies as they came out of the oven. 

A tasty and perfect cookie for this time of year.

Adding chopped peanuts AND candy corn to a delicious cookie?

What could say FALL any better? 

I reduced the amount of sugar just a tad. With the addition of candy to the recipe, I thought there was plenty of sugar to go around here...

This recipe is easily divided in half if you don't want as many.


Enjoy every lip-smackin' bite!

PAYDAY COOKIES

1-1/2 c. butter, melted
2 c. brown sugar
(I used 1-1/2)
1 c. sugar
(I used 3/4 c.)
3 eggs
1 TB. vanilla extract (yes TB.)
4-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 c. unsalted peanuts, chopped
2 - 11.4 ozs. bags of M &M Peanut Butter candies (not Peanut...Peanut Butter)
1-1/2 bags (12 ozs each) candy corn

Preheat oven to 375. In large bowl, combine butter and sugars.  Beat for about 2 minutes until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla.  Beat in flour, baking soda and salt. Fold in the peanuts and M & M's.

Drop by Tablespoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet. Bake 10 - 11 minutes. Remove from oven and immediately press in candy corn (point first so it goes in easily).  Allow to cool and enjoy!

7 comments :

  1. I love the candy corn peanut mix....but in a cookie? No way!! I have got to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love candy corn. It's addictive to me. I think it might be the texture even more than the taste. ha. Strange, I know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look so fun! I love them!
    I will have to try these cookies for sure! Love your blog :D

    Kara :)

    http://lovehomebird.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marcia, these look delicious. Good idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My hubby will love you, he loves payday candy bars and has been bugging me to find a recipe!
    Hugs,
    Joan
    http://chocolatechocolatemorechocolate.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. These cookies are crazy! What a great way to use some of that left over Halloween candy.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly