Thursday, November 17, 2011

Homemade Butterfinger Candy Bar Bites


                                                                       
JUST A SWEET LITTLE REMINDER...

THANKSGIVING IS ONLY ONE WEEK AWAY!

Are you ready???  *-*



Oh my Soul! 

This recipe seems to be the 'rage' on the net and in Blogland as of late.

I couldn't wait to try it.

It is just amazing - and all my taste-testing friends and family agree! 

We always like a little chocolate candy with our Thanksgiving brunch and I'm excited to try this out on my kids.

I took some of my first batch to share with my sis-in-loves, who are all great cooks, and they were amazed how it tasted like a real butterfinger!

I shared several pieces at a ladies meeting the next day (from my second batch) and they all thought it tasted like the real thing too.

One dear friend told me she couldn't WAIT to go home and make a batch. 


Another friend of a friend told me they added rice krispies to it and loved it....so feel free to do 'your thing'.

I can't imagine how anyone thinks this stuff up, but I'm so thankful someone did!


Since Halloween was over, I had to scour a couple of Dollar General stores to clean them out of candy corn....on sale even!  I stocked up because I know this will be something we make again for Christmas gift-giving!

(Just this week, I've seen that Walgreen's has MUCH candy corn on sale!)

SOOOO Simple - TWO ingredients!  Can we even imagine??
Well, three, if you count the chocolate you dip them in.

Give it a try....you won't be sorry.

I had read some blog posts about gals not being happy because this candy had a smooth texture. 

Mine didn't, and I think it's better that way.  It has that
'break away' kind of texture that the real candy bar has.

I think it's because I 'accidently' had it in the microwave a tad longer than the original recipe called for, so I have typed it up for you as I made it.

The picture belows gives you an idea what the candy looks like before dipping.


I love that this recipe can be cut down if you want.

The first time I made it I used 2 c. candy corn and 1 c. peanut butter.


HOMEMADE BUTTERFINGER CANDY BAR BITES

3 cups candy corn
1-1/2 cups peanut butter
milk chocolate chips or candy melts, melted

Line 8" X 8" pan with parchment paper (or waxed paper - sprayed).
Place candy corn in microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute.   Stir until mostly melted.  Stir and continue heating 10 to 15 second until melted, stirring well. Add peanut butter, return to microwave for 10 - 15 seconds.  Stir until blended, but you don't want it to be smooth.

Pour into prepared pan. Let set up for 1 hour.  Remove from pan; cut into pieces or bars with pizza cutter or sharp knife.  Dip pieces in melted chocolate. (I added a tsp. of crisco to the choc chips to make them smoother)

The texture is crunchier if refrigerated when cooled.

If you are partial to Butterfinger candy bars, as I am....
OH YOU ARE GONNA LOVE THIS!!!!!!!
Chomp, drool, slurp, lick....
Linked to Made it on Monday
         Foodie Friday
              Melt in Your Mouth Monday
         Creative Thursday
GBP Roundup - Peanut Butter

7 comments :

  1. This would be perfect for my holiday goodie bags that I make for friends and co-workers right before Christmas!

    Thanks Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOOoooo....one of my favorite candies! And I can make them myself now. YUMMMY!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to try this recipe. It's amazing and it sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks delish!

    We'd love you to share your recipes with us at

    Simply Delish Saturday

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are perfect for any PB chocolate lover, like my DIL. I'll be making these for her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW. I know my son will LOVE these. I can't believe they're made with candy corn. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly