Thursday, November 3, 2016

Simple Apple Crisp (Updated)


This recipe has been a family favorite for many years. I love the ease of it and it tastes wonderful too. It can be cooked in the microwave as well as the oven, so that makes it even quicker than quick too.

I recently made it so took a new photo, as I first posted this 5 years ago. Just forgot to add a dollop of ice cream for perfection.  This is SO good! 


(hover over middle of photo to pin)

This is a recipe I have taken with me when I travel, because it's always fun to prepare it when I'm visiting someone's home for a time, and doesn't require any special ingredients. 

I've started substituting some oatmeal for the flour.  It adds great texture. 


SIMPLE APPLE CRISP

4 cups peeled, sliced apples
(I prefer gala or jonmac, but any cooking apple works well)
1/4 cup water
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 cup rolled oats 
1/3 cup butter

Caramel syrup for serving

Preheat oven to 350. Spread apples in bottom of 8" X 8" pan. Sprinkle with water. In medium bowl, combine remaining ingredients with pastry blender, until crumbly. Sprinkle over apples. Bake uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 or bake in microwave-safe dish for 12 - 15 minutes on high - testing after 10 minutes. Serve warm with milk or ice cream.

And by all means, feel free to drizzle it with some caramel syrup if you'd like....
YUUUUUM!

Linked to Full Plate Thursday
Weekend Potluck
Meal Plan Monday

You may also enjoy...

Apple Crisp Pizza


No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly