Wednesday, December 21, 2011

White Christmas Mix

This is a MUST-HAVE at our house during the holidays.  And one I often use for gift-giving. 

It's easy enough to change this up to suit any holiday by using the holiday M & M's - pastels for spring, etc.

I have been asked for this recipe more times than I can count!


It isn't sugary sweet...just lightly sweet, and it has cereal and nuts, so it does have some of the 'lighter' options of this season of sweets.

And I love that you can add more cereal and 'extend' the chocolate if you desire.

Sometimes I sprinkle the coated cereal mixture (before it dries) with chopped candy canes, or have drizzled green and/or red candy melts (melted of course) over the top.


WHITE CHRISTMAS MIX

1 lb. white chocolate (or vanilla almond bark)
Melt in double boiler or microwave according to directions
Mix together:

3 cups Rice Chex
3 cups Corn Chex (or combined - 6 cups crispix cereal)

3 cups Cheerios

2 cups mini pretzels
2 cups peanuts
1 lg. bag of M & M's - plain or peanut (optional)
(We love using the holiday mix)
Pour white chocolate over everything and mix well. (I use a curved spatula scraper).  Let stand until dry and place into gift containers or pretty ziploc bags.

{TIP: MAKE ONLY ONE BATCH AT A TIME SO THE CEREAL WON'T GET CRUSHED WHEN MIXING}

Linked to Sweets for a Saturday
             Ingredient Spotlight
            Mix it up Monday - Christmas in July


 



4 comments :

  1. Oh I just know, Jessica will want to make up a batch of this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful. I love that it is not so heavily coated with the chocolate. Adding chopped candy canes sounds like a great option. I think I will be making this today. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks wonderful! I am definitely going to mix some of this up and bring it to the family gathering on Christmas Day!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love that you can change out the color of the m&ms and have it for any season.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly