Sunday, May 2, 2010

Easy Skillet Lasagna

As you well know, I am mostly about desserts, side dishes & muffins, but we do eat entrees too. ;-}

Because there are just 2 of us living in this household, I don't make a lot of big meals.

The most repeated and hub's favorite meal is spaghetti.  He will gladly eat the leftovers for the week following, without complaint.

I prefer lasagna, so when I saw this easy skillet dish at Everyday Moms Meals....and I already had some Philly Cooking Creme on hand, I just had to try it.

I see many of Krista's recipes around Blogland.  She shares frugal and creative recipes.  You can't go wrong making her dishes.
Please visit her and be sure to tell her I sent you over.

Oh - this is a Taste of Home original recipe too...and we know those are tried & tested and proven to be great!

My only suggestion would be to make sure you separate the noodles as you add them.  I had a few stick together and then didn't cook completely through until I got them 'unstuck'.

After I'd made it, I thought I should have added some cottage cheese to the pan.  I'll do that next time.  I also added onions.

If you need more servings, I would simply make 1-1/2 times these amounts - using one tub of the cooking creme. (I added 3/4 of mine).


EASY SKILLET LASAGNA

1 lb. ground beef
1/2 c. each chopped green and red peppers, optional
1/2 c. chopped onion, optional
1-26 ozs. jar spaghetti sauce
2 c. water
(1+ c. cottage cheese), optional
12 lasagna noodles, broken into pieces
1 tub Philadelphia Tomato & Basil Cooking Creme
(I used Savory Garlic)

Brown meat with peppers in large nonstick dutch oven.  Stir in sauce and water. Bring to a boil. Stir in noodles, one by one;  cover. Simmer on medium-low heat for 15 - 20 minutes or until noodles are tender, stirring occasionally. Add cottage cheese (if using) and stir in cooking cream until blended.  Remove from heat. Let stand, covered for about 3 minutes.

Yield: about 4 - 5 servings

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly