Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Guest Post: Flour Me With Love/Strawberry Cupcakes with Cheesecake Filling

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY YA'LL!!!


Today's post is from my good friend, Lisa at Flour Me With Love. (I love that clever blog title!)  She has created an amazing strawberry cupcake with cheesecake filling - a woman after my heart for sure!!!
(WARNING: Do not lick your screen!)


Lisa & I got acquainted last fall when I was asked to do a presentation for Eggland's Best Eggs for the "Pink for the Cure" program in October. When I saw Lisa's "PftC" cake being featured at a number of linky parties, I decided to contact her to get more info, so I could make one too. Mine wasn't quite as exquisite.  

Isn't hers just beautiful???



That's all it took...we've been emailing and chatting ever since. You know how sometimes you just 'click'....that's how it was for us. Her husband was...as you were...IS a Marine too, and that is surely a great thing we have in common. She stays busy making treats for her children's school classes...adorable things like these treats...

            
Lisa has great tutorial photos too.  I appreciate anyone that takes the time to do all those step by step instructions.
Please stop by and visit her blog. I am pleased as punch to present my friend Lisa to you....Go for it Lisa! *-*

My name is Lisa and I'm the publisher of Flour Me With Love. I decided to start my blog to show others what a pleasure it is to bake! Even when I was younger I had a knack for baking and it progressed into my older years as well. When I went to college I started out pursuing an Elementary Education Degree, however I knew in my heart that I wanted to cook so I changed my major and now have a degree in Culinary Arts.

I worked for a few years before my husband and I decided to start our family. Now I'm fortunate enough to be a stay-at-home mom to four beautiful kids, an amazing husband and one cute dog! I hope you follow along in our baking adventures and if there is anything you don't understand, just ask, I'm more than happy to help :)

Strawberry Cupcakes with Cheesecake Filling
There are so many cupcake recipes out there, however I wanted to try and come up with a new one. I made a strawberry cupcake then filled it with a cheesecake center and topped it off with a strawberry-cream cheese frosting and some colored sugar. So simple, but oh so good!
Ingredients are as follows:

Cupcakes:

1 strawberry cake mix
2/3 C yogurt (or sour cream)
1/2 C oil
1/2 C water
2 eggs
Filling:

8 ounces cream cheese
6 ounces vanilla flavored yogurt
1/4 C sugar
Frosting:

8 ounces cream cheese
1/2 C strawberry preserves
1 C powdered sugar

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees; grease cupcake pans or line with paper wrappers. This recipe made sixteen cupcakes.
In a large bowl, mix together the cake mix, yogurt, oil, water and eggs.
Spoon batter into prepared cupcake pans, fill about 2/3 full; set aside.
Cream together the cream cheese, vanilla flavored yogurt and sugar.
Take a small spoonful of mixture and drop it into the center of each cupcake batter. (Do not push the mixture down, it will sink into the cupcakes during baking.)

Bake for 20-23 minutes or until the edges are golden brown. (A toothpick inserted into the center will not come out clean due to the cheesecake filling.)

Allow to cool in pan for five minutes then remove from pan and continue to let cool. While the cupcakes are cooling make the frosting by creaming together the cream cheese, preserves and powdered sugar. (If you have any extra cheesecake filling toss it in too so you don't waste it.)

Once the cupcakes are completely cooled, frost with the strawberry cream cheese frosting and sprinkle on some colored sugar.




Thanks a million for sharing Lisa!

5 comments :

  1. Lisa has great recipes! I have been lucky to have her share her recipes on my blog as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to meet you Lisa! What a great post with spring just around the corner....RIGHT? Maybe if I make these strawberry cupcakes flowers will bloom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Marsha for such a sweet post :) I'm so grateful to have gotten to know you through blogging. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I had read your warning not to lick the screen! I am now following you on Linky. Patsy

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly