Thursday, February 16, 2012

Toffee Bars

I've mentioned before what a Cookie Monster I am!

This is an awesome bar cookie that you will LOOOOVE!

I love the way Michael Ann cooks (& bakes...and bakes!) easy family-friendly recipes at her blog - The Big Green Bowl. Please visit her there and tell her I sent you over!


This is definitely a recipe you'll want to keep close at hand so you can satisfy that sweet tooth any time it hits.

I made these to add to 'goodie boxes' our missionary group at church packages up to mail to college and military for Valentine's Day.  

I know I would want to receive this cookie in any package!!!

I love that this easy recipe calls for NO baking powder, baking soda or salt, so you can make it even when you're in a hurry and enjoy tasty treats in about 30 minutes flat!

Just simple ingredients you most likely already have in your cupboard.

Pour yourself a glass of milk and get ready to enjoy!!

{My mouth honestly watered just reviewing this photo once again!!}


TOFFEE BARS

1 c. butter, softened
1 c. light brown sugar, packed
1 tsp. vanilla
2-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1/2 c. chocolate chips (your favorite)
1/2 c. chopped nuts (your favorite)

Preheat oven to 350. Grease 9" X 13" baking dish. In large bowl, combine butter, brown sugar and vanilla; beat well.  Blend in flour, then add chocolate chips and nuts.  Spread mixture into the pan and bake for 20 minutes, or until golden brown.  (Be careful not to overbake). Cool to room temperature (if you can wait!) and cut into squares.


Mixitup

8 comments :

  1. These look so yummy! I love the way Michael Ann bakes too. I have created some of her goodies in my own kitchen and have been totally satisfied.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making any kind of bars. Thanks for another easy recipe! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had me at Toffee!

    ReplyDelete
  4. those look so good and so easy!

    thanks!!! Love, Traci

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, Miss Cookie Monster. Your Grandmother, here. Toffee anything has my name one it. Be trying these soon. Thanks for sharing, and I am going over to The Big Green Bowl right now to check it out. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the thought of butter and brown sugar together...yum. These sound SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look delicious Marsha, I know the kids will love them. Thanks so much for sharing at Mix it up Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. they sound simple enough, but wow do they ever look good!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly