Friday, March 23, 2012

Cake Batter Pudding Cookies

Just have to share this good news....

I went to a Taste of Home Cooking School last night.  I took 3 girlfriends along and we had a great time.  I won one of the door prizes - 5 Ortega Mexican products (Mexican is my favorite cuisine!) and my girlfriend right next to me won a bag of food stuff from Emeril....AND...she won the grand prize too - a $200 grocery card.

See!  I TOLD YOU WE HAD A GREAT TIME!  =)

We both had our pictures taken for the newspaper - exciting stuff!

*****************************

This is another fun recipe I baked to be used for a prison ministry.
I found this to be an interesting recipe and very tasty!


Not to mention pretty! (& Easter-y?)

Happy to have found it at Chef in Training.  I'm intrigued with all ideas she shares for adding cake mix to yummy recipes.

So if you're wondering what to do with the rest of your cake mix, after adding 3/4 c. to this recipe, she'll give you plenty more ideas...like....

No Bake Cake Batter Truffles...Cake Batter Pancakes...Cake Batter Rice Krispy Treats...Cake Batter Blondies. Please stop by and check out her wonderful recipes.

Amazing!

You could probably use Funfetti cake mix instead of yellow and already have the sprinkles added?

These were fun to make and attractive too.

Hope you'll give them a try...you'll be glad you did!


CAKE BATTER PUDDING COOKIES

1-1/2 sticks butter (3/4 c.)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 (3 ozs) pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix, dry
(I used coconut cream)
3/4 c. yellow cake mix, dry
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tsp. baking soda
2-1/4 c. flour
(I didn't add quite all of it)
1/2 tsp. salt
colored sprinkles

Preheat oven to 350.  Grease cookie sheet.

In large bowl, cream butter and sugars together. Mix flour, salt and baking soda then add to butter mixture.

Add pudding and (3/4 c.) cake mix; beat until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla; mix until smooth.  Add flour mixture slowly until well blended.

(I stirred in the last cupful by hand - I use a hand mixer).
Mix in sprinkles.  Roll into 1" balls and place on prepared cookie sheet. Bake 10 - 12 minutes.

Yield: about 3 dozen

They don't spread a lot so I put about 15 per cookie sheet.

YA'LL ENJOY A FABULOUS WEEKEND!!

Linked to Weekend Potluck
              Sweets for Saturday



12 comments :

  1. Good Morning, Mrs. B! Dale's favorite food is Mexican too, mine used to be Italian, but I am an equal opportunity eater! :) Asian, Chinese, Indian, you name it, I probably eat it and love it! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops, forgot to say CONGRATS on winning! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have seen these flying through the blogs....I am going to have to give them a try. I bet they are very tasty and fun for kids. The perfect treat to take to the church luncheons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are SO cute - and I'll definitely have to make them! Mmmmmm - Mexican! Wow - congrats to your girlfriend, too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these fast, easy cookies!
    And congrats on winning!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go to a Taste of Home cooking class! How fun!! Congrats on your prize! :)
    These cookies have been on my 'TO MAKE' list for awhile! They sound sooooo yummy!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, these are so pretty and yummy!!! Congrats on your fun door prize, too~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea for your win at the Taste of Home Cooking Show!!! You will certainly enjoy your Mexican products. The cookies sound delicious and just so happens that I have some cake mix in the pantry.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am going to attempt these cookies today. I have a spice cake mix staring at me and I'm going to see what I can do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun at the cooking school! I would love to do something like that! These cookies look awesome, I'll have to save this for a sleepover or party or something, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These look like little gems with the colors sparkling. My class would love these.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I like this idea of using the cake mix! I''ve never made cookies with one before. Lucky you at the Taste of Home show!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly