Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Lemon Whippersnapper Cookies


Here's another great recipe to consider for a cookie exchange!

These are so easy and you're gonna flip when you find out what is in this recipe!

Can you believe someone would ever think to put COOL WHIP into a cookie dough??

Believe it!


I've had a version of this recipe for years, though I admit I haven't made it but once before.

(I tend to be too busy trying NEW recipes!)

Then I came across this recipe at Aunt Nubby's Kitchen who
has them listed as Lemon Cookies...

And that they are...but I preferred my 'old' recipe name -
Lemon Whippersnappers.

Kinda catchy and inviting isn't it? 

The only difference in my 'old' recipe and this one in listed ingredients is the addition of the lemon juice & zest to this recipe - which gives it a little more zip & zing.

Anyway - this is a simple recipe - the dough does chill for an hour, so plan ahead and get some other things done while you wait.

If you like a tangy, soft & cake like cookie  - this one's for you!


LEMON WHIPPERSNAPPERS

1 (18.25 ozs) lemon cake mix
1 large egg
zest and juice from 1 lemon
(tip: heat in the microwave for about 10 seconds and you'll get more juice=)
1 (8 ozs) tub cool whip, thawed
About 3/4 c. powdered sugar

Preheat oven to 350. In large bowl, combine dry cake mix, egg, lemon juice and zest.  Mixture will be crumbly. Fold in the Cool Whip until well combined.  Batter will be sticky; cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.  Scoop batter out by spoonsful (I used my small Pampered Chef spring-loaded scoop and heaped the dough in it). Roll in powdered sugar. Place on prepared cookie sheet and bake 9 - 10 minutes or until lightly browned. (Mine didn't really brown, but I could tell they were done when they sprung back up when touched).

If you use teaspoonsful to measure the dough, you'll get about 40 cookies.  I got about 2-1/2 dozen.

L-L-L-Luscious Lemon!!

Linked to Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Shortcuts

9 comments :

  1. I know someone who would love this cookie....Sean!! This would be the perfect refreshing cookie to take to a picnic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dale LOVES lemon dessert, I bet he'd love these too. His birthday is Saturday, so of course I am making the lemon pudding dessert, maybe I should make some of these too! They sound Spring-y and delicious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ummm...I love lemon desserts, cake-like cookies, and I love the name of it! Good stuff, Marsha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all things lemon too! I will have to try these with a big old glass of sweet tea! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard them called Whippersnappers before, but I like that name too, they're yummy cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an easy recipe and lemon is one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love everything lemon! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Delicious! I have been dying to make lemon goodies forever. Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I remember seeing these on Anita's blog, too. They sound yummy and I like your name!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly