Thursday, June 21, 2012

Strawberry Cheesecake Smoothie





June is strawberry season here in Ohio..


GLORY! GLORY! GLORY! 

I did a flip flop (well, my heart did anyway!) when I came across this recipe at Cupcakes & Kale Chips, after she linked it up to Weekend Potluck. Hurrah!  Brianne opened her post by apologizing for taking 'the easy way out' in an improv cooking challenge. 


PU-LEEEZE!!! =) I told her NO need for apologies.  I knew I would go wild over this simple recipe, though I did adapt it a little bit. She was surprised at all the attention the recipe brought her blog too!! Good for her!


Even when it isn't strawberry season, you can make this luscious treat any time because you use frozen strawberries!


This is an amazingly delicious smoothie that I enjoyed for my dinner meal (we'd been to a graduation open house and I wasn't very hungry). 

It's pretty healthy too with 'skinny' options..I love that about any recipe!




Cream cheese is my #1 favorite ingredient - added to this combo of terrific flavors and I'll all over it. 


Many options to how you might like to fix this for yourself, but no matter what, I can tell you you're gonna be SO glad you tried this simple recipe. 


I do love QUICK & EASY! 


I always keep sliced bananas in the freezer too so I can add it to any smoothie and make it cold.  MMMM! 



STRAWBERRY CHEESECAKE SMOOTHIE 
(Adapted from Cupcakes & Kale Chips)

1/2 c. frozen strawberries
(original recipe calls for 1 full cup, but I couldn't suck it through a straw...if that's your preference, then add more berries)

half of a frozen banana, preferably sliced

1 ozs. (about 2 Tb. cream cheese) - I used light
(or 2 Tb. cottage cheese)

1/2 c. vanilla Greek yogurt, or plain
(I used Weight Watchers vanilla as it needed to be used up)

3/4 c. 1% milk 

1 tsp. vanilla, or more

stevia, splenda or sugar to taste

Optional: Strawberries or crushed graham cracker, for garnish

Combine all ingredients except garnish, in blender.  Puree until smooth. 

(You could add flax or chia seeds for a healthier boost.) 

There ya go!!  Suck it down...but not too fast, or you'll get a brain freeze. 

Linked to 



Breakfast Ideas Monday
Melt in Your Mouth Monday
Foodie Friends Friday
Scrumptious Sunday
Mop it up Monday
Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Smoothies

10 comments :

  1. Yum! I could sip on one of those right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in awe of all your wonderful stuff! These smoothies sound great!
    I humbly nominated you for The Versatile Blogger award. http://tinyurl.com/8yg4c6f

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm with Betsy. . .I could go for one of those right now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I nominated your cute blog for The Versatile Blogger Award. To view: http://grannyssoutherncooking.blogspot.com/2012/06/well-yall-i-received-my-first-blog.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love cheesecake smoothies! Last time I made it with fresh cherries and It was so delicious and creamy! yumm!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for linking up to Foodie Friends Friday. Hope to see you back next week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh I bet this taste really good and I just happen to have some freshly frozen strawberries in the freezer. Thanks for linking up at Foodie Friends Friday linky party!

    ~Robyn from Robyn's View

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks delicious and pretty! Thanks for joining Food Friend Friday! Please join us again next week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just found this since you posted it just before I went on vacation and wasn't keeping up too well with blog reading. So happy you liked it. I do like a super-thick smoothie because I use them to try to satisfy my ice cream cravings in a healthier way:-)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly