Monday, August 27, 2012

Blackberry Cream Pie {4 ingredients!}

Just one more week of no-bake recipes, and next week I'm gonna begin sharing some yummy recipes to turn you...and your oven...on!  

Oh you're gonna love me for not keeping this simple recipe to myself!

I'm wild about the amazing & wonderful recipes I find at The Big Green Bowl. Michael Ann really 'struts her stuff' when it comes to desserts.  I would so love for you to stop by and tell her I said hello. 

THIS RECIPE IS...
Easy....Quick...No - Bake...Delicious!  And only 4 ingredients?

What's not to love???

She made this pie using black raspberry jam.  I SOOO wanted to do the same, but couldn't wait until I went to the 'big' grocery store to find it, so I used what I had...which happened to be blackberry jam sweetened with fruit, and not sugar. 

(Yes...I realize patience is a virtue, but sometimes ya gotta do what ya gotta do!=)

This makes for such a beautiful pie. Very pretty presentation, especially if you want to add some berries and maybe even some fresh mint when serving. 

 I love the versatility of the recipe....use a graham cracker or chocolate crust with any favorite jam...or homemade vanilla wafer, or...or....the possibilities are endless. 

Get going!  It'll be great for dessert tonight!


BLACKBERRY CREAM PIE 

1 store-purchased (or homemade) graham cracker pie crust
1 c. whipping cream
1 - 8 ozs. pkg. cream cheese, softened
1 - 10 oz. jar blackberry spread, (seedless is best)
(like Simply Fruit)

Before I whip the cream, I place my glass bowl along with mixer beaters in the freezer for atleast 20 minutes to chill so it will whip up quickly and nicely. 

(Go start some laundry or read the paper while you wait for items to chill and for the cream cheese to soften)...or place it in the microwave, unwrapped, for about 15 seconds on high. 

In medium bowl, beat whipping cream with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.  Set aside.

In large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth.  Add raspberry spread and beat on low until combined.  Fold in the whipped cream.  Spoon mixture into the pie shell.  

WAH-LAH!  You're done!  Now refrigerate the pie and let it chill for atleast 2 hours before serving.  Top slices with more whipped cream before serving.

Options: You may freeze the pie (but along with Michael Ann, I prefer the creamier version) or just put the filling into dessert cups with no crust. 

(I haven't done this yet myself, but if you prefer using fresh/frozen berries, you could make your own 'simple syrup' (cook sugar/water/cornstarch) to make a thickener for the berries, and use that instead of the jarred jam....just sayin...)

Linked to Gooseberry Patch Roundup - What U Made this week
Thursdays Treasures
Foodie Friends Friday
Church Supper
Mop it up Monday
Mix it up Monday
Melt in your mouth Monday

13 comments :

  1. Mmmmmm this looks easy peasy and downright delish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm...the perfect summer pie! And I love that soft purple color it created!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this, so easy to make sugar-free too! My dad would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you liked this pie enough to share it on your blog, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so glad you liked this pie enough to share it on your blog, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love simple and easy!! Perfect recipe!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm thinking this would be PERFECT for breakfast!!! lol looks & sounds scrumptious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! This is new to me... Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. We enjoy blackberry anything at our house and this sounds quite wonderful. I'm thinking that some of my homemade blackberry jelly is destined to be headed this way.

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely going to try this- thx for posting! found you via foodie friday and I'm going to follow along now cuz i just love your blog!
    -Phoebe
    http://glimpsesofthemoon.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. This looks amazing. My boys would love this. Have a blessed week & Happy Labor Day ~EMM

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some fresh or I should say frozen wild blackberries that I think I would use in this recipe... thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday and I hope you will join us this week with more great recipes.
    http://marlys-thisandthat.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly