Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Chicken Patties with Creole Sauce (not spicy)


Sometimes, I wonder...if you wonder...if I share anything but desserts, side dishes and smoothie recipes.  I really do love those, but love being able to share entrees with you too. 

(Warning: I have a lot of baked good recipes coming up.  I've tried to stay away from them over the summer, and they've 'built up' in my drafts) 

A good friend, Diana, not only shared this great recipe with me, but also gave me the seasoning to make it! 

HOW NICE IS THAT??? 

Diana also said this was a Paula Deen recipe - MMMMM!

I kinda expected it to be spicy, but was pleasantly surprised when it wasn't. 
(Must be it would have to have more than 1/2 tsp. creole seasoning added?) 

I had some leftover roasted chicken when she gave it to me, so I made it the following day.  We both LOVED this recipe! It's simple to make too. 

What a great dish to use up any leftover chicken. This recipe makes 10 patties so you might have leftovers for the next day also.  YAY!

I don't do much frying in my kitchen, so I tried to 'healthi-fy' this yummy recipe as much as possible. 

I sauteed ours in part coconut oil and part butter. I also used lite mayo (we prefer Miracle Whip) and sour cream. 



CHICKEN PATTIES WITH CREOLE SAUCE 

4 Tb. butter, divided
1/3 c. minced red bell pepper
1/3 c. minced celery
1/3 c. minced onion
3 c. chopped cooked chicken 
1-1/2 c. panko breadcrumbs
1/2 c. mayonnaise
2 lg. eggs, lightly beaten
2 Tb. dijon mustard
1 Tb. worchestershire sauce
1 tsp. seasoned salt

Creole sauce:
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 c. mayonnaise
1/2 c. sour cream
1 Tb. dijon mustard
1/2 to 1 tsp. creole seasoning, optional

In small bowl, combine sauce ingredients; cover and chill. 

In a small skillet, melt 2 TB. butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, celery and onions; cook until tender, about 5 minutes, stirring a few times.

In large bowl, combine chicken, panko, and bell pepper mixture; set aside.

In small bowl, combine mayo, eggs, mustard, worchestershire and seasoned salt. Add to the chicken mixture, tossing gently to combine.  

Form mixture into 10 patties. In large skillet melt remaining 2 Tb. butter over medium heat. Cook the chicken patties until browned, 3 - 5 minutes per side. 

Serve with Creole Sauce. 

(You could probably bake these as well, but since I didn't try that, I'm not sure how long you would bake them?  Please let me know if you have success trying that method!)

Linked to Weekend Potluck

2 comments :

  1. Those look very tasty! I thought they were crab cakes at first! I've never made creole sauce before but it sure is easy, isn't it?! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I was wondering.....But there is nothing wrong with smoothies (except for the ones that call for fruit juice)and desserts. The chicken patties look fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly