Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Copycat Orange Julius {Healthy Option}

Stay tuned...next week I'm going to have Drink-A-Thon week 2...lots of yummy healthy beverages to help you keep cool....and healthy! 

Oh how I love me an Orange Julius!☺

I remember when I tasted my first.  We were stationed in San Bernadino, California in the early '70's, and we REALLY splurged on our tight budget and tried one of these at the mall.  

I.WAS.HOOKED!! 

So when I came across this easy treat at The Country Cook I nearly ran to the kitchen because. as usual with my good blogging buddy Brandie's recipes...
I had everything on hand!! 

As usual, I reduced the amount of sugar by a tad, so if you want it sweeter, well...you know what to do.  

Oh my!  This is so satisfying and delicious...and so much cheaper than you'd pay at any Orange Julius stand. 


COPYCAT ORANGE JULIUS

1 (6 ozs) can frozen orange juice concentrate, partially thawed
1 c. milk
(we are loving unsweetened almond milk!)
1 c. water
1/4 c. (white or powdered) sugar
(or liquid stevia to taste...2 drops = 1 tsp.) 
1 tsp. vanilla extract
8 - 10 ice cubes 

Put all the ingredients into the blender. Process until blended and frothy. Pour - relax and enjoy every sip. 

Yield: 3 - 4 yummylicious servings 

5 comments :

  1. Yum! I love your photo, Marsha! So colorful and artistic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, that looks so refreshing for this hot Summer!

    I wanted to take a second to invite you over to my blog and to submit to my link party if you'd like. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds so refreshing! Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday! Don't forget to come back and vote on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly