Sunday, October 7, 2012

White Hot Chocolate - MMMM!

OH.MY.GOODNESS! 

Even though this is rich, I could hardly SIP this tasty drink...I wanted to drink it straight down...without stopping...cause it's oh so delicious! 

I found this at Inspirations by D through a blog hop. She has some great recipes and craft ideas there, so stop by and tell her I said hello. 

The tad bit of almond extract puts it over the top for me.  I also loved the touch of nutmeg and cinnamon....MMMMM De-Licious!

You could substitute pumpkin pie spice for the cinnamon/nutmeg combo, to make it more fall-ish....=)
(click here for my homemade pumpkin pie spice recipe=) 

I lightened it some by using fat free half and half.  I also added fewer white chocolate chips and it was still awesome.

This makes 2 servings.  BEWARE: You may not want to share!

Enjoy it on a cool fall morning or evening.  It will warm you inside and out and make you feel very pampered. 


WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE 

3 c. (fat free) 1/2 & 1/2 or light cream
2/3 c. white baking pieces or chopped white chocolate baking squares
1 - 3 inch. cinnamon stick
1/8 tsp. ground nutmeg
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/4 tsp. almond extract
ground cinnamon or nutmeg for garnish
whipped cream, optional 

In a medium saucepan combine 1/4 cup of the 1/2 & 1/2 , the baking pieces of chocolate, cinnamon stick and nutmeg.  Stir over low heat until baking pieces are melted.  Add remaining 1/2 & 1/2.  Cook and stir until heated through.  Remove from heat.  Remove and discard cinnamon stick.  Stir in vanilla and almond extract.  If desired add whipped cream and cinnamon or nutmeg to top it off.  

Enjoy every fabulous sip!


Linked to Mix it up Monday
              Mop it up Monday
                Trick or Treat Tuesday
            Weekend Potluck

9 comments :

  1. White Chocolate! Oh my, you're killing me with the picture only :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love hot chocolate and have never tried it as white hot chocolate. We'll have to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I love hot chocolate and have never tried it as white hot chocolate. We'll have to make this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like an awesome fall drink! Too bad the hot temperatures will be back here at the end of the week. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  5. My husband adores white hot chocolate. Since I adore him, I will have to make this for him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a perfect after school treat for my four girls. Looking forward to it soon being cold enough to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love white chocolate so I can't wait to try this (as soon as it gets cooler here; still hot for one more month!) Would you come link this up at our recipe link up? I'd be honored! ~~katie http://www.katieslanguagecafe.com/2012/10/french-cuisine-friday-recipe-link-up-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, this sounds amazing! Only problem I have with it, is that I would have to buy most of those things just for this recipe! Not really things I keep around the house. :( But I bet it's delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love White Hot Chocolate, it's my new obsession! Can't wait to try this with all the yummy spices.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly