Sunday, February 17, 2013

Soft Oatmeal Butterscotch Cookies


I saw this yummy cookie at my daughter's Debbie's blog 
and had to make them right away...


Really!  I HAD to do it!





I am a Cookie Monster who needs a fix often, and this was it for this day! 

And since I love butterscotch & caramel kinds of flavors...

Well, as I said..I HAD TO! 



They are very tasty, but I made the mistake of adding too many chips.

Did you ever think that was possible?  I think it is....I just finished off the opened bag and then wished I wouldn't have.  

I wanted more of the oatmeal flavor, so take my advice...unless you are a butterscotch nut, measure the chips and have a better cookie.

Deb said her family just raved about how perfect they were, so that's all it took. 

I had to prove them right!




And I did! 




SOFT OATMEAL BUTTERSCOTCH COOKIES 

1/2 c. (1 stick) butter, softened
1/2 c. packed brown sugar
1/4 c. white sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 c. all purpose flour
1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1-1/4 c. old fashioned oats
1-1/4 c. butterscotch chips



Preheat oven to 350.

In medium bowl, mix butter and sugars for 2 minutes until creamy.  Stir in egg and vanilla.  

In small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking soda.  Add to butter mixture and blend well. 

Stir in oats and butterscotch chips.  Dough will be stiff.

Scoop or roll into balls and place on ungreased cookie sheet.  Slightly flatten with fork or back of spoon. 

Bake 9 - 11 minutes or until just golden.  Allow to sit on cookie sheet for 1 minute before removing to cooling rack. 

(I would suggest you bake the first batch the least amount of time just to see how they turn out...you don't want them dry) 

Nummy...Nummy....for your Tummy...

4 comments :

  1. Your cookies look delish! I haven't had a butterscotch cookie in forever!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look amazing. Stan loves butterscotch and I love oatmeal. Sounds perfect for us both. :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly