Sunday, March 24, 2013

Oatmeal Cinnamon Chip Cookies



These cookies are a very special treat.

I had cinnamon chips in the freezer after snatching them up over the holidays. These cookies were sent off in 'goodie boxes' at church. Our ladies missionary group packs boxes of homemade goodies every February to send to our college kids and military.

I favor an oatmeal cookie anyway, but add these yummy chips and you've got a real winner!

This recipe was on the back of the bag of cinnamon chips & since I love nutmeg I adapted it by adding a little bit of nutmeg...gave it a more of an intense spice flavor. 

OATMEAL CINNAMON CHIPS COOKIES

1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
1 c. packed light brown sugar
1/3 c. granulated sugar
2 eggs
1-1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2-1/2 c. quick-cooking oats
1/2 tsp. nutmeg 
1-2/3 c. (10 ozs. pkg) cinnamon chips 
3/4 c. raisins, optional

Preheat oven to 350.

In large bowl, beat butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.  Combine flour and baking soda; add to butter mixture, beating well. Stir in oats, nutmeg, cinnamon chips and raisins. (I stirred those ingredients in by hand). Batter will be stiff.

Drop by heaping teaspoonsful onto ungreased cookie sheet.  Bake 10 - 12 minutes or until lightly browned.  Cool 1 minute; move from cookie sheet to wire rack to cool.

Yield: 3-4 dozen

May press into a lightly greased 9" X 13" baking pan. Bake for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool; cut into bars.

Linked to Whatcha Whipped Up Wednesday
Weekend Potluck

6 comments :

  1. The owner of my cake supply store gave me a free bag of cinnamon chips to try (long story short, I once bought a bag there that was eye-wateringly terrible and he bought a new kind and wanted me to approve it-lol) that I've had for a few months. Methinks some cookies are in my future. These sound fab! Or...marvy! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marsha, this cookies look very addictive and great to go with coffee. I love anything with cinnamon.

    Take care, have a nice day.
    Greetings from Malaysia.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They sound yummy! I'll have to see if I can find cinnamon chips at my store.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These sound great! =)
    Im going to pin them to save this recipe.

    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oatmeal cookies are my favorite cookie EVER! I haven't made them with cinnamon chips, but thanks to you, I will. XO

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly