Sunday, April 21, 2013

Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies (using a cake mix)



How about something sweet to begin your week?
That's MY style for sure...=) 

I love cookies....I also love quick and easy.  

So when I saw this simple recipe in a lovely cookbook gifted to me...
(Thanks Angie!) CAKE MIX MAGIC...I knew I HAD to make them. 


They're simple to mix and there are so many variations...
using a different kind of cake mix (maybe strawberry?)
with either white chocolate chips or milk chocolate? 

Customize them to suit your family's favorite combo. 

They're so good, I do believe you'll want to make them right away! *-*

I am a firm believer that...NOTHING SAYS LOVIN' LIKE A WARM COOKIE FROM THE OVEN! 

I made half a batch with chocolate chips - half a batch with white.

MMM good!


CHOCOLATE CHIP-OAT COOKIES 

1 (18 ozs) box yellow cake mix
1 tsp. baking powder
3/4 c. vegetable oil
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1 c. old fashioned oats
(I added a tad more)
3/4 c. semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly grease cookie sheets.

Combine cake mix and baking powder in large bowl.  Add oil, eggs and vanilla; beat with electric mixer on low speed until well blended.  Stir in oats and chocolate chips.  Drop dough by rounded tablespoonsful 2" apart onto prepared cookie sheets. 

Bake 10 minutes or until golden brown.  Cool on cookie sheets 5 minutes. Remove to wire racks; cool completely.

Yield: about 4 dozen cookies 

Linked to Mop it up Monday
              Weekend Potluck

5 comments :

  1. Yum! I really enjoy cake-mix cookies.They are nice and soft. This is the first one I've seen where you add oats. yay!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Im going to have to try these! =)

    I have been craving some homemade cookies, and these sound wonderful!!
    and so easy. =)

    Im going to pin them to my "Cookies" board.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an easy recipe to try for the grandkids! Have a wonderful week, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speakin my language woman! Cookies are my favorite food group (what? in my world cookies have their own food group) and the only thing better than homemade cookies is having them FAST! Woot woot! Bring on the cake mix cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my!! I'm pinning this one. I have everything to make these. I haven't fully stocked my baking supplies yet, but I have all the ingredients for these yummy looking cookies.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly