Thursday, May 16, 2013

Jello Dessert

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO SON, DAVE!!
(Our 9# 8 ozs. baby..and our last one)
We celebrate YOU today Sonshine! 


This is a yummy, creamy, fluffy and fantastic dish from my mom's recipe files. 

It was something special she made for us, on occasion, growing up. 

It's also in my cookbook.  I remember well...this was the dish I made when I held my first 'home party' (Tupperware) back in the day...so long ago.  

You'll love this.  The melted marsh(a)mallows ;-} add a smooth texture, and the cream cheese and mayonnaise make it nice and creamy.

We have enjoyed it with all flavors of red jello - it's your choice. Serve it as a salad or even a dessert. 

(You know, when I was a kid, jello was a dessert and we didn't get something baked every day)

It also makes a large batch, so feel free to cut the recipe in half for a smaller family. I've made it by hand, and also, using a mixer.  I think the mixer just
makes it fluffier and feels good in my mouth! 

Eat up!



JELLO DESSERT

16 large marshmallows
1 c. milk
1 (6 ozs) box dry (sugar-free) red jello (6 serving size)
1 (8 ozs.) box cream cheese, softened
1 (20 ozs) can crushed pineapple, undrained
1/2 pt. whipping cream, whipped 
(or 8 oz. frozen whipped topping, thawed)
1/2 c. mayonnaise

Place marshmallows and milk in double boiler (or microwave) and melt. (medium heat or power). In large bowl, pour mixture over dry jello and stir until blended and jello is dissolved.  Beat in cream cheese until smooth. Add pineapple; chill about 15 minutes.  Add whipping cream and mayonnaise.  Let stand until firm. 

Yield: about 12 servings


Linked to Weekend Potluck

6 comments :

  1. Happy Birthday to your son, Marsha! The jello dessert sounds great and I remember those old Tupperware parties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The color is cute. I haven't seen anything like that before!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great recipe! :) Have a nice weekend Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing this recipe~ We also had jello for dessert back when I was a kid...back when Betty and Wilma were friends haha....and I also had Tupperware "home parties" I still have and use my Tupperware jello molds:) I was the Queen of Tupperware~ Happy Birthday Dave!! Lynn @ Turnips 2 Tangerines

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I used to make this recipe, but haven't done so in years. I remember it as being very good. Thanks for the reminder. It will be wonderful when the weather warms up. Have a great weekend, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday to your Son!

    This looks like a wonderful dessert!

    Have a great weekend! =)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly