Thursday, June 20, 2013

EZ Honey-Sweetened Cracker Jacks (4 ingredients)

I've been rooting around in my mom's old recipe file, and was tickled to come across this recipe.

It's easy to make and on the 'healthier side' too..using honey instead of sugar.

It tastes awesome too!

(You could always surprise your kids and place a 'prize' in the bottom of the bowl.=) 


E-Z HONEY SWEETENED CRACKER JACKS

1/2 c. butter (1 stick)
1/2 c. honey
3 qts. (12 c.) popped corn
(about 1/2 c. raw popcorn popped) 
1 c. peanuts, optional

Preheat oven to 350*. Lightly spray 2 large cookie sheets (with sides) with nonstick cooking spray. Place butter and honey into medium saucepan.  Heat, stirring occasionally, but do not boil.  Pour over popped corn & nuts; mix well.  Spread mixture over cookie sheet in a thin layer. 
Bake 10 - 15 minutes until crisp, stirring 2 or 3 times. 

Coating sets up as popcorn cools.  






4 comments :

  1. So EZ and I imagine so yummy too!!!

    Thanks for sharing, Marsha...

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delicious treat! I used to love eating Cracker Jacks...or was it the prize I wanted back then??

    ReplyDelete
  3. This recipe sounds delicious!
    I love Cracker Jack - and always had fun looking for the toy!! =)

    Pinning to my "Great Recipes" board!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have honey sweetened stuff on the brain b/c I'm going to enter some things int he honey contest at the fair! Too bad they don't have a candy or snack category-this is awesome! If you have any purely honey sweetened cakes or breads let me know. :)

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly