Thursday, August 15, 2013

Good-for-You Peach Vanilla Milkshake/Smoothie

Oh how we love chillin' with a smoothie or milkshake.
This is a delicious and healthy drink to cool you down. 

This original recipe from Brenda at Sugar Free Mom  used
mango instead of peach.  I'm a mango-lovin' Mama, but had frozen peaches so that's what I used.  

I keep frozen fruit on hand to add to my blender drinks.  Cuts back on ice cubes. 

This also has Greek yogurt and flaxseed meal also.
(Don't fuss - it gets ground up and you'll never know it's there)

Hope you'll try it for breakfast or snacktime soon.  

PEACH VANILLA MILKSHAKE  

1/2 c. peaches, frozen or fresh
1 heaping tsp. flaxseed meal
1/2 c. (1%) milk (almond would be great)
1/4 c. plain or vanilla (Greek) yogurt  
1 tsp. vanilla (or almond) extract
1/2 c. water
1/2 c. crushed ice
1/4 tsp. liquid (vanilla) Stevia

Place all ingredients in blender; blend until smooth and frothy. 

This makes 2 servings.  

Linked to Weekend Potluck  


3 comments :

  1. Wow, this looks so good! My daughter's favorite fruit is peaches so she will die when she tries this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet the flaxseed meal thickens these up a little bit since some people mix flax seed with water as an egg substitute. It kind of gels up in water! These sound really good Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love peaches! and..I've really been craving more Smoothies lately!

    Pinning to my Beverage board!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly