Thursday, August 8, 2013

Simple Vanilla Coffee Creamer (3 ingredients)

I love this stuff!

The recipe comes from my dear friend, Mesu Andrews...who is a famous author! She had her 3rd Biblical fiction story released this past March...and this recipe of hers is in my new cookbook....arriving next week! 

(If you don't have time for the chatter, just scroll down for the recipe=) 

Mesu grew up in Indiana - that's where she lived when we met several years ago, but now she lives in WA state.  I was elated when she was able to stop by this summer for a visit, on her way to visit a daughter in this corner of the world. I also got to be with her dear hubby, her mother, whom I adore! and meet her youngest daughter for the first time...along with her grandson Garrison.  Here's a photo of me with Mesu (on the right) and the baby.


All of her books are VERY interesting reads...I have several friends who are just hooked on them and can't wait for the next book to come out!
I highly recommend all of these. Each chapter begins with a passage of scripture, and Mesu builds the details of how things might have happened on the scripture. 

LOVE AMID THE ASHES - Story of Job


LOVES'S SACRED SONG - Story of King Solomon 

LOVE IN A BROKEN VESSEL: Story of Hosea & Gomer through Mesu's creative mind

She has plans for 3 more books in the works...an amazing and talented woman! 

Anyway.....

Mesu a big coffee drinker and has me hooked on this too. 

I use it in my iced coffee and hot coffee as well.  

And...I make it using my Homemade Sweetened Condensed Milk...I use xylitol for half the sugar amount (the recipe makes 3 cans-worth) so I can still make yummy desserts for us with less sugar. (The recipe is VERY simple and uncomplicated.)

But of course, feel free to use store purchased s.c.m. if desired. 

This creamer is pretty sweet, so I've been adding more milk than the original recipe calls for. 
                                                                       
If you love vanilla creamer in your coffee (or cocoa?) you're gonna thank me for sharing this. 



SIMPLE VANILLA CREAMER

1 (14 ozs) can sweetened condensed milk (low/fat free is fine)
2 c. milk (I use 1%)
1 Tb. vanilla extract

Mix in a quart jar....keep refrigerated.  Shake the jar before pouring. 

DE-LISH!

Linked to Weekend Potluck

3 comments :

  1. Now see, that's just the best of everything isn't it? One of Mesu's books and a fresh cup of coffee with homemade sweetener. SHEESH! That's over the top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Coffee Creamer sounds delicious!

    Thanks for sharing the information about Mesu's books, they sound interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh so fun, love the sound of those books! My favorite love story in the Bible is of Naomi and Boaz - I just find it incredibly romantic but I know that I'm putting my imagination to use a little bit to feel so mushy about it-lol. I just think the story is so neat how a Moabite woman came to God through her mother in law (I also love that part of the story-such a wonderful friendship) and then found another husband who was so sweet and so helpful to her. And they created a baby in Jesus' line - the story is so neat. Do you know if she's done their story? It wouldn't require as much imagination but I'd love to read that one! I think it could really be fleshed out to make your heart go pitter-pat. haha! Also, love this creamer! So much healthier than another good one I found on pinterest that is half SCM, half heavy cream.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly