Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Wendy's Copycat Berry Almond Chicken Salad

This salad is sooo awesome!!!!!!

(And I am NOT usually a lover of lettuce type salads)....

But the first time I tasted this, I told my husband 'I could eat this every day for a week'...and then, had a great giggle when I told my daughter, who told me she told HER husband the same thing when she tried it too!

I was elated to see this recipe from Margo at  Joyful Homemaking 
after she shared this at a recent Weekend Potluck party.  I was already thinking I needed to come up with my own version.  I just wasn't sure what kind of cheese was in it as I've never purchased Asiago cheese before. 

I even grated it in little 'sheets' instead of long pieces like what usually comes out when I use my grater.  This made it more like 'the real deal'.

In fact, the first time I made this at home, was the same day I ate it 'out' for lunch at Wendy's, then went grocery shopping and bought everything I needed to make it...then enjoyed a second salad for dinner that evening! 

But alas...that time I used a bowl, and you really couldn't see all the yummy ingredients, so what to do...but to make it AGAIN! =) 

I can testify it was just as enjoyable again the next day. *-*

I love the crunch of the roasted almonds, and have always loved fruit in a salad. The asiago cheese is perfect here and the raspberry vinaigrette is too. 

I know this is only a seasonal salad at Wendy's, so you might want to add these ingredients to your shopping list as it probably won't be available for purchasing for long...but what the hey...
NOW YOU CAN MAKE IT YOURSELF!!!




WENDY'S COPYCAT BERRY ALMOND CHICKEN SALAD

This is what you need:



Mixed greens

(I wanted spring mix, but there was none, so I used a bag of romaine and it was great...use your favorite) 

Strawberries, washed and chopped

Blueberries, washed 
Asiago cheese, grated
Sliced Almonds, roasted 


(I had slivered on hand so that's what I used)

Grilled chicken breast

Raspberry vinaigrette

Add greens to your bowl, then add desired toppings.  Pour on some raspberry vinaigrette to enjoy a fabulous salad. 


Linked to Weekend Potluck
        Meal Plan Monday

3 comments :

  1. My husband always says, "if God meant there to be meat in salad, he'd have made cows and chickens grow in the garden," when I ask him why he doesn't eat the meat as part of his salad but eats it separately. It drives me crazy-lol! But I feel the same way about fruit in salad - it seems so wrong to me unless it's an all-fruit salad. But I did try putting apple in a salad once and it was so incredible, so maybe I need to go out on a limb and try berries. Maybe I'll be surprised! It is a very pretty salad, I will say that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm! I love salads like this! Great recipe Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your Wendy's copycat recipe! =)
    I've tried a few of their salads, and I agree with you, they are good!

    Pinning to my Healthy recipe board!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly