Tuesday, September 17, 2013

WaCkY Cake (no eggs, butter, milk or mixer)

Seems I have shared quite a few chocolate cake/brownie recipes as of late...this is just one more...and sooo easy!  

This is a super recipe if you need a quick chocolate fix!

I know this is a fairly common recipe in BlogLand, but I had to share it.

This recipe came from my mama's files, so that makes it very special to me.
In case you've not made one before, this is the easiest ever cake to make.
This recipe is from Depression Days...when they had to use what was on hand.  
You mix it in the pan you bake it in...with just a few simple ingredients, you've got a quick and easy dessert.
This is another one of those simple and easy recipes from my latest
cookbook.."Love at First Bite".  
Enjoy!

You can make your favorite frosting instead of sprinkling with powdered sugar...
here's a link to A Kitchen Addiction's Wacky Cake with Fudge Frosting.

OH MY! 
 
WACKY CAKE  

1 c. white sugar
1-1/2 c. all purpose flour
3 Tb. unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
Preheat oven to 350. Spray 8" X 8" baking pan with cooking spray.
In prepared baking pan, mix these 5 ingredients. Make 3 'wells' in the mixture, one bigger than the other two.
In the large well, add 5 Tb. vegetable oil (or melted margarine)-
In a small well, add 1 tsp. vanilla extract-
In the last small well, add 1-1/2 tsp. vinegar-
Add 1 c. cold water to the pan and stir with fork until combined and smooth.  
Bake about 25 minutes or until top springs back when touched.
Cool; serve with a dusting of powdered sugar. 
YUMMMM!!

Linked to Weekend Potluck

6 comments :

  1. I love wacky cake and I'm so happy that's what your Mom called it too! I've heard it called crazy cake but in my family it was wacky cake. I even heard it called "3 holer" cake b/c of the 3 wells you put in the dry ingredients, but come on. It's wacky cake. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wacky cake, Marsha! Thanks for the reminder about this wonderful dessert. xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had Wacky Cake, but I've heard about it!

    Your recipe sounds good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son used to be allergic to eggs, so I made this for every birthday/holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cannot wait to make this. I have never heard of Wacky Cake, but it looks delicious

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! I'm sure you'll enjoy it...thanks for coming by.

      Delete

Printfriendly