Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Zucchini Crescent Pie

I REALLY wanted to get this posted sooner, but the computer went to the 'doctor' and then I had camera issues...UGH!

Finally!....And I am happy to share this great dish with you...

This recipe tends to have a lot of variations in Blog Land, but this is the one I choose to add to my first cookbook, and it's also a Pillsbury Bake off Contest Winner in 1980...

YOU KNOW IT'S GOTTA BE GOOD! 

You can eliminate or add ingredients to suit your family's tastes. 

I also think anything using crescent rolls rates 'Top Notch' in my book! 

I've even changed it up a bit from when it was printed in my cookbook 3 years ago.  

It's certainly a lovely dish to enjoy using up this fall produce. 

You could add ham to make it a delicious one-dish meal. 


ZUCCHINI CRESCENT PIE 

2 Tb. butter or margarine
4 c. thinly sliced zucchini, peeled or unpeeled
(I usually peel most of it, and leave some green for color)
1 c. chopped onions
2 Tb. dried parsley flakes (or 1/2 c. fresh) 
1/2 tsp. each - salt & pepper
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/4 tsp. dried basil leaves
1/4 tsp. dried oregano leaves
2 eggs, well beaten
2 c. shredded muenster or mozzarella cheese
1 (8 ozs.) can refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
2 tsp. yellow (or dijon) mustard

Preheat oven to 375*. In large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add zucchini and onions; cook and stir for about 6 - 8 minutes, or until tender.  Stir in parsley flakes and seasonings. Allow to cool a few minutes.

In large bowl, combine eggs and cheese. Stir in cooked vegetable mixture. 

Separate dough into 8 triangles. In ungreased 10" pie plate, place points toward center (or use 9" X 13" baking dish and spread rolls in bottom and up sides) to form crust. Firmly press perforations to seal. Spread crust with mustard.  (I always add it to the veggie mixture). Pour egg mixture evenly into crust-lined pan. 

Bake about 20 - 25 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean.  Watch closely; you may want to cover it with foil the last few minutes of baking so it won't overbrown. 

Allow to stand 10 minutes before serving. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck

2 comments :

  1. Seriously, crescent rolls work magic on any recipe - I have never had a bad meal that involved crescent rolls! This sounds so good! And I'm glad you got your computer back now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe really sounds delicious! =)
    Pinning to save!

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly