Thursday, October 17, 2013

Easy and Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Soup

I have a recipe for this soup..(somewhere) that I've had for years, but because I have sooo many recipes, and sooo many places to look for them UGH! (I got rid of a bunch of printed recipes at my garage sale early this fall), Because that wanted recipe was NOT to be found anywhere...I went ahead and googled to find a recipe.
(Isn't it great we can do that???)

I went with this one that I saw at Food.com

I've had a jar of the peppers in my pantry for some time, and after making this awesome pimento cheese, I wanted to use up my leftovers.  I only made half the recipe, but we sure wished there had been more! 



EASY AND CREAMY ROASTED RED PEPPER SOUP 

1 Tb. butter
6 large roasted red peppers, chopped
(Or a 12 - 15 ozs. jar of roasted red peppers)
1 lg. onion, diced
3 sm. garlic cloves, chopped
1/4(+) teaspoon (fresh ground is best) black pepper
(we love pepper, so just adjust to your liking)
1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
1 c. water
1 vegetable bouillon cube 
1 c. heavy cream 
(or use half and half)
salt, if necessary
parmesan cheese, optional

Add butter to large saucepan and melt over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic and saute for a few minutes. Sprinkle with black pepper. Add roasted red pepper and cook for another couple of minutes.
Add diced tomatoes with juice and turn up heat. Add water and bouillon cube.
Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. When bouillon cube has dissolved add cream and stir, removing from heat.

Place small amounts of the soup in a blender, being sure to keep lid on so the heat doesn't pop it off! until the whole batch has been pureed. Soup should be nice and thick. 

Serve sprinkled with a little parmesan if desired.  You could also add some pasta if your family would prefer that! 



If you want to freeze batches, puree the soup as usual, omitting the cream until after soup is defrosted...add just before heating to serve. 

This tasty Special Pimento Cheese sandwich was SO good alongside this soup.
OH.SO.DELICIOUS! 





Linked to Weekend Potluck

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly