Tuesday, October 29, 2013

German (Octoberfest) Pizza

As many of you already know, I love Tonya of 4 little Fergusons, and I love her recipes too.  I do think we must share taste buds at times!  After seeing this one, I knew we would be enjoying it soon.  I'd love for you to stop by and check out all the fun 'Octoberfacts' she shares along with this recipe...and be sure to spend time viewing more of her recipe collection there. 

YOU WILL LOVE HER TOO!! 

No doubt, you may think this kind of 'concotion' is just insane! 

But trust me...this is so so delicious!

My Hubby is "BIG" on smoked sausage and sauerkraut, any time.  

And after a recent sale at our local grocery store 
(you're not gonna believe this!)
we were able to buy 2 - 1# packages, and get 3 free!  So we have a freezer
shelf full of all kinds of smoked sausage.  

This is definitely going to be a "REPEAT'...and it won't be long til we do! 

M-M-M DE-LISH!!

If you'd like to make your own crust, try this yummy Whole Wheat Pizza Crust.

Trust me...you can enjoy this yummy dish, even when it isn't October.  *-* 


GERMAN (OCTOBERFEST) PIZZA 

1 refrigerated pizza crust 
1 Tb. olive oil
garlic salt to taste
1 lb. smoked sausage, cut into 1/4" circles
1/4 c. chopped onions, optional
2 Tb. butter
2 c. well seasoned mashed potatoes
(I used mashed red potatoes with the skin on them- MMM!)
1 c. sauerkraut, rinsed and well-drained
(I used sweet sauerkraut with caraway seeds)
1 c. shredded cheese (or more)
1 tsp. Caraway Seeds (don’t skip)

Unroll pizza dough on to a large cookie sheet. Flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Brush with olive oil and season with garlic salt. Bake at 425 for 8-10 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute sausage and onion in butter until browned. Spread mashed potatoes over the baked crust. Top with sauerkraut, sausage, cheese and caraway seeds. Bake for 5-8 minutes or until cheese is melted.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly