Thursday, October 31, 2013

Lowfat Cheese Soup {WW} Revisited


 (This is one of the first posts I shared when I started blogging about 5 years ago.
I've recently updated it.)

I have made this soup recipe so often, I have the recipe memorized. Very easy and delicious - and wonderful at 1 WW point per cup!


As you can see in the picture, I like to use a combo of broccoli & cauliflower, and even better - I use California blend veggies - with carrots also. MMM!

Enjoy this with a delicious salad and you'll feel better, physically and emotionally, about eating healthy. 

ONE DAY AT A TIME!!!


It only takes a few simple ingredients...                  


Lowfat Cheese Soup


4-15 ozs. cans of 99% fat free chicken broth
2 - 16 ozs. bags of vegetables - broccoli or broccoli/cauliflower combo
1 can rotel tomatoes (If rotel are too spicy, try using italian, or unseasoned tomatoes), drained slightly
10 oz. 2% light Velveeta

Cook vegetables in broth until tender - add tomatoes and velveeta and stir until cheese is melted.

Makes 10 cups

WW points - 1 per cup

I normally saute chopped onions and celery in oil before I add the broth and vegetables..just to add a little crunch.  Oftentimes, I mash the veggies with a potato masher instead of having large chunks. It's an option so do as you like best. Of course, if you prefer, use fresh raw veggies instead of frozen.

Linked to Weekend Potluck

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly