Sunday, October 13, 2013

Pumpkin Bread Dip

This is the kind of  recipe I like to call..."F-U-N"! 
It's sort of a surprise...a really good one!  

Thanks to Jennifer at Mother Thyme for the inspiration for this 'revised edition'
of her recipe, which was a Banana Bread Dip

If you have followed my blog very long, you know I am a huge lover of cream cheese! Add anything to it and I must try it. 

Since I was helping furnish refreshments for a ladies Bible study, I wanted something that would better express 'FALL', so....

Instead of using a banana quick bread mix, I used a pumpkin bread mix.  I had to go to a couple of stores before I found one, but I had a spring in my step once I had that box in my hand!

I 'doctored' it up just a tad, and was very pleased with the tasty results.
It brought a lot of compliments to our refreshments that day.  

Have you seen these 'cutsie' seasonal-colored vanilla wafers?  I was delighted to find them and they brought a lot of conversation to this dish too. 

Very simple to make, so get your recipe and head to the kitchen.
This would make an awesome after school...or any time...snack. 
For today even!!


PUMPKIN BREAD DIP  

1 (8 ozs) pkg. cream cheese, regular or light, softened
1/4 c. butter, softened 
1 c. pumpkin quick bread mix 
(I made a double batch and still had about 1/2 c. left)
2 - 3 Tb. pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. (+) pumpkin pie spice...to your liking. 
1 tsp. vanilla extract
2 Tb. milk 
(add a little more milk at a time to get the right consistency)
1 Tb. finely chopped (toasted) pecans, optional

In large bowl, with electric mixer, combine cream cheese and butter until smooth.  Stir in bread mix, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and milk.  Beat until well blended. Stir in the nuts or sprinkle over the top. (I figure if you're serving it to a crowd, it's easier to pick them off the top than to dig them out of the middle=)  Cover; refrigerate at least 2 hours before serving. 

Serve with animal or (chocolate) graham crackers, vanilla wafers, or apple slices.  You could also spread it on your morning toast.  MMM good! 

Try different bread mixes too..I thought about trying cranberry/apple as well. 
Maybe you could toss in some brickle chips?? or some finely chopped apples?just have F-U-N with this recipe!
(All the while you're scarfing it down!=) 

Linked to Weekend Potluck

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly