Thursday, October 3, 2013

Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate

I'm tellin' ya what....

I just L-O-V-E 'dressed up' warmed drinks in the fall and winter months. 

Like this one...so easy and yet so good.  Warms the body and soul.  
....And fingers and toes too.  *-*

I saw this recipe at Baking with Blondie after Miss Information shared
links to 40 (YES - 4-0! fall drinks). Follow that last link to the page for more warming ideas.... 

I am simply a sucker (or slurper, if you will=) for these yummy, simple drinks, particularly this time of the year. 

Stay tuned...I'll be sharing another warmed pumpkin drink soon...




PUMPKIN SPICE HOT CHOCOLATE 

2 1/2 c. milk (I used 1%) 
1/3 c. hot cocoa mix 
(I used sugar free - 2 envelopes)
1/4 c. canned pumpkin puree
1  to 1-1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice 
1/2 tsp. vanilla 
pinch of salt 
(I also added a couple drops of caramel coffee flavoring too) 
homemade whipped cream


In a medium sauce pan over medium-low heat, whisk together milk, hot cocoa mix, vanilla, and pinch of salt.  Then add pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice. 

Heat thoroughly, whisking as the temperature rises. 
When desired temperature is reached, pour into 3 small mugs (or two large ones), top with whipped cream and marshmallows.

Sprinkle a couple of shakes of pumpkin pie spice for a pretty garnish.



Yield: 2 large or 3 small 


Linked to Meal Plan Monday


You also might like to try this easy-to-make White Hot Chocolate



No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly