Thursday, October 10, 2013

Pumpkin Spice White Hot Chocolate

Last week I shared a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate.
This week's post is a dressed up version of that one...this one
has added white chocolate.  MMM! 

I am soooo in love with seasonal drinks this time of the year.  Especially warm ones.  I love simple and easy ones like this so I can be satisfying my craving in no time at all.  

Thanks to Tidy Mom for sharing this yummy concotion.  I did see the link at Miss Information when she shared 40 fall beverages.  MMMM! 


PUMPKIN SPICE WHITE HOT CHOCOLATE
1-1/2 c. whole milk (I used 1%)
1/2 c. canned pumpkin puree
1/2 tsp. pumpkin pie spice
(click here for homemade recipe)
pinch of ground cloves
(I added a pinch of nutmeg also)
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
pinch of sea salt
2 ozs. white chocolate, roughly chopped 

In small saucepan over medium heat, combine milk, pumpkin and spices. (Stir spices into pumpkin first for a smoother end result). Heat until just before it boils, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat and stir in chocolate, reserving some to garnish your drink. 

Just before serving, top with whipped cream (the more the better!)...add a few shavings of chocolate and sprinkle with cinnamon or pumpkin pie spice. 

Yield: 2 servings

Recipe can easily be doubled or tripled. 

Linked to Weekend Potluck
   Gooseberry Patch Roundup - Pumpkin

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly