Monday, February 3, 2014

Banana Bread Oatmeal

 I am truly an oatmeal fanatic! 

I LOVE it...and love 'dressing it up'. The only thing I did differently, was to use agave nectar for the honey, and I added a tsp. of flax seed meal.  I can't think of anything else I could have done to make it any better. 

Was so tickled to find this yummy recipe at Cooking with Libby
I make a lot of her recipes and am never disappointed. Please stop by 
and tell her I sent you over.

It's simple...recipe can easily be halved, or doubled. 

Libby cooked it on top of the stove, I cooked it in the microwave. 

Gives you a quick 'fix' if you're hankering for some banana bread flavor.

MMM good!


BANANA BREAD OATMEAL 

1 cup oatmeal (any type)
(I used old fashioned)
2 c. (1%) milk
1 tsp. flax seed meal 
1 tsp. vanilla extract
1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. brown sugar
A pinch of nutmeg
(I prefer a little fresh grated)
1 tbsp. honey
2 ripe bananas, mashed
Chopped pecans (optional)

In large microwavable bowl, combine oats and milk together.  Cook on high power for 2 minutes. Add flax seed, vanilla, cinnamon, brown sugar, nutmeg and mashed bananas. Stir until combined. Cook another minute on high; stir; cook until desired thickness if needed. 

Serve warm; top with honey and toasted pecans.  

Yield: 2 - 3 servings

Linked to Weekend Potluck




Print Friendly and PDF

No comments :

Post a Comment

Printfriendly